Ohio State Route 301
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length:||45.33 mi (72.95 km)|
|Existed:||1932 – present|
|South end:||SR 302 near West Salem|
|I‑71 near West Salem|
|North end:||US 6 in Sheffield Lake|
|Counties:||Wayne, Medina, Lorain|
State Route 301 (SR 301) is a 45.33-mile (72.95 km) long north–south state highway in the northern portion of the U.S. state of Ohio. The western terminus of SR 301 is at SR 302 nearly 5.50 miles (8.85 km) south of West Salem. Its northern terminus is at U.S. Route 6 (US 6) in Sheffield Lake.
SR 301 travels through northwestern Wayne County, western Medina County and central Lorain County. No segment of this route is included as a part of the National Highway System (NHS). The NHS is a network of highways defined as being most important for the economy, mobility and defense of the nation.
|This section requires expansion. (November 2011)|
The SR 301 designation was applied in 1932. Originally, the highway was routed along a short portion of its present alignment, running from US 42 in West Salem, to its junction with US 224, then known as SR 17.
In 1937, SR 301 took on much of its current form when it was extended on the south end to SR 302 approximately 5.50 miles (8.85 km) south of West Salem, and on the north end through western Medina County and central Lorain County to US 6 (at the time also joined by SR 2 in Sheffield Lake.
|Wayne||Chester Township||0.00||0.00||SR 302||Southern terminus of SR 301.|
|Congress Township||2.55||4.10||SR 604|
|3.89||6.26||I-71||SR 301 only provides access to I-71 south and I-71 north only provides access to SR 301.|
|West Salem||6.40||10.30||SR 539||Western terminus of SR 539.|
|Medina||Homerville||10.40||16.74||US 224||Junction with US 224 eastbound.|
|10.41||16.75||US 224||Junction with US 224 westbound.|
|Lorain||Penfield Township||20.19||32.49||SR 18|
|Carlisle Township||30.71||49.42|| US 20
|Beginning of US 20 and SR 10 concurrency.|
|33.43||53.80|| US 20
|End of US 20 and SR 10 concurrency.|
|33.67||54.19||SR 57||Beginning of SR 57 concurrency.|
|Elyria||37.53||60.40||SR 57||End of SR 57 concurrency.|
|Sheffield Lake||45.33||72.95||US 6||Northern terminus of SR 301.|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Ohio Department of Highways (1931) (MrSID). Map of Ohio Showing State Highway System (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1931a.sid. Retrieved 2011-11-25.
- Ohio Department of Highways (1932) (MrSID). Map of Ohio Showing State Highway System (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1932a.sid. Retrieved 2011-11-25.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams: SR 301, Wayne County". Retrieved 2009-06-19.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams: SR 301, Medina County". Retrieved 2009-06-19.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams: SR 301, Lorain County". Retrieved 2009-06-19.
- Federal Highway Administration (December 2003) (PDF). National Highway System: Ohio (Map). http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/planning/nhs/maps/oh/oh_Ohio.pdf. Retrieved 2011-11-24.
- Ohio Department of Highways (1936) (MrSID). Official Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1936a.sid. Retrieved 2011-11-25.
- Ohio Department of Highways (1937) (MrSID). Official Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1937a.sid. Retrieved 2011-11-25.