Ohio State Route 314
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length:||38.77 mi (62.39 km)|
|Existed:||1932 – present|
|South end:||US 36 / SR 3 in Centerburg|
|US 42 near Lexington|
|North end:||SR 61 near Shelby|
|Counties:||Knox, Morrow, Richland|
State Route 314 (SR 314) is a north–south state highway in the northern portion of the U.S. state of Ohio. The southern terminus of SR 314 is at a T-intersection with the duplex of U.S. Route 36 (US 36) and SR 3 in Centerburg. Its northern terminus is at a T-intersection with State Route 61 less than 1 mile (1.6 km) south of the city limits of Shelby.
SR 314 travels through southwestern Knox County, eastern Morrow County and western Richland County. There are no stretches of this highway that are incorporated within the National Highway System, a network of routes identified as being most important for the economy, mobility and defense of the country.
|This section requires expansion. (March 2011)|
The SR 314 designation made its debut in 1932. It was originally routed entirely within Morrow County, along its present alignment between the SR 95 junction in Chesterville and the US 42 intersection southwest of Lexington.
In 1935, SR 314 was extended on the south end. It was routed along previously un-numbered roadways to a new endpoint at its present southern terminus at the US 36/SR 3 duplex in Centerburg. Then, in 1939, SR 314 was lengthened on the north end when it was extended along roads that were previously locally-maintained to its current northern terminus at SR 61 south of Shelby.
|Knox||Centerburg||0.00||0.00||US 36 / SR 3 – Mount Vernon, Sunbury|
|Morrow||Sparta||6.25||10.06||SR 656 (Main Street)|
|South Bloomfield Township||6.58||10.59||SR 229 east – Mount Vernon||Southern end of SR 229 concurrency|
|6.75||10.86||SR 229 west to I‑71 south – Marengo||Northern end of SR 229 concurrency|
|Chesterville||12.68||20.41||SR 95 (Sandusky Street) to I‑71|
|Perry Township||22.75||36.61||US 42 – Mount Gilead, Mansfield|
|Troy Township||28.42||45.74||SR 97 – Galion, Lexington|
|Richland||Ontario||32.52||52.34||SR 309 – Galion, Mansfield|
|Sharon Township||38.77||62.39||SR 61 – Shelby, Crestline|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Ohio Department of Highways (1931) (MrSID). Map of Ohio Showing State Highway System (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1931a.sid. Retrieved 2011-03-05.
- Ohio Department of Highways (1932) (MrSID). Map of Ohio Showing State Highway System (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1932a.sid. Retrieved 2011-03-05.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams". Retrieved 2011-03-04.
- Federal Highway Administration (December 2003) (PDF). National Highway System: Ohio (Map). http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/planning/nhs/maps/oh/oh_Ohio.pdf. Retrieved 2011-03-04.
- Ohio Department of Highways (1934) (MrSID). Map of Ohio Showing State Highway System (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1934a.sid. Retrieved 2011-03-05.
- Ohio Department of Highways (1935) (MrSID). Official Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1935a.sid. Retrieved 2011-03-05.
- Ohio Department of Highways (1938) (MrSID). Official Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1938a.sid. Retrieved 2011-03-05.
- Ohio Department of Highways (1939) (MrSID). Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1939a.sid. Retrieved 2011-03-05.