Ohio State Route 38
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length:||53.097 mi (85.451 km)|
|Existed:||1924 – present|
|South end:||US 62 / SR 3 in Washington Court House|
|I‑71 near South Solon|
|North end:||SR 31 in Marysville|
|Counties:||Fayette, Madison, Union|
State Route 38 (SR 38) is a south-north state highway in the state of Ohio. Its southern terminus is in Washington Court House at the U.S. Route 62 / SR 3 concurrency and its northern terminus is in Marysville at the intersection of 5th Street and Main Street where the road continues north as SR 31.
On its winding route through central Ohio, State Route 38 mainly offers views of rolling or flat farmland planted with corn, soybeans, and other crops. It also passes through a variety of towns including Washington Court House, London, and Marysville, the county seats of all three counties through which it travels.
When it was designated in 1923 along existing state highways, SR 38 traveled from Ripley on the Ohio River to Marion. This route included its current segment between Washington Court House and Marysville, but also served Russellville and Hillsboro. In 1927, the segment of SR 38 north of Marysville was deleted and renumbered by a relocated SR 4. The route would reach its current route in 1932 when US 62 was brought into Ohio replacing SR 38 between Ripley and Washington Court House. Since then, the routing of SR 38 has not undergone any major changes.
|Fayette||Washington Court House||0.00||0.00||US 62 / SR 3 (East Market Street)|
|Bloomingburg||5.47||8.80||SR 238 south (Main Street) / Midland Avenue||Northern terminus of SR 238|
|Paint Township||9.11||14.66||SR 734 west – Jeffersonville||Eastern terminus of SR 734|
|12.66||20.37||I‑71 – Columbus, Cincinnati||Exit 75 (I-71)|
|Madison||Midway||15.52||24.98||SR 323 (Federal Street)|
|London||26.53||42.70||SR 56 east (East Main Street) / SR 665 east (East Center Street)||Southern end of SR 56 / SR 665 concurrency|
|26.84||43.19||US 42 south / SR 142 begins (West High Street) / SR 56 west (West Main Street) / SR 665 ends||Southern end of US 42 / SR 142 concurrency; northern end of SR 56 / SR 665 concurrency|
|27.04||43.52||SR 142 east (East High Street)||Northern end of SR 142 concurrency|
|27.26||43.87||US 42 north (Lafayette Road)||Northern end of US 42 concurrency|
|Deer Creek Township||30.41||48.94||US 40 (National Pike)|
|34.94||56.23||SR 29 – West Jefferson, Mechanicsburg|
|Union||Union Township||43.42||69.88||SR 161 west – Urbana||Southern end of SR 161 concurrency|
|Darby Township||43.61||70.18||SR 161 east – Plain City||Northern end of SR 161 concurrency|
|Marysville||51.43||82.77||SR 736 south||Northern terminus of SR 736|
|53.10||85.46||SR 31 north (North Main Street) / 5th Street||Southern terminus of SR 31|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Roadway Description Inventory Report - DESTAPE".
- Ohio Department of Highways and Public Works (1922) (MrSID). Map of Ohio State Highways Showing All Improved Roadways (Map). Cartography by E.C. Blosser. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1922a.sid. Retrieved August 18, 2013.
- ODOH (1923) (MrSID). Map of Ohio Showing State Routes (Map). Cartography by L.A. Boulay, Director. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1923a.sid. Retrieved August 18, 2013.
- ODOH (1926) (MrSID). Map of Ohio Showing State Routes (Map). Cartography by G.F. Schlesinger, Director. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1926a.sid. Retrieved September 22, 2013.
- ODOH (1927) (MrSID). Map of Ohio Showing State Routes (Map). Cartography by G.F. Schlesinger, Director. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1927a.sid. Retrieved September 22, 2013.
- ODOH (1931) (MrSID). Map of Ohio Showing State Highway System (Map). Cartography by O.W. Merrell, Director. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1931a.sid. Retrieved August 19, 2013.
- ODOH (1932) (MrSID). Map of Ohio Showing State Highway System (Map). Cartography by O.W. Merrell, Director. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1932a.sid. Retrieved August 19, 2013.
- Ohio Department of Transportation (2007) (MrSID). 2007-2009 Official Ohio Transportation Map (Map). Cartography by James G. Beasley, Director. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm2007a.sid. Retrieved August 20, 2013.
|This Ohio road or road transport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|