Ohio State Route 511
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length:||50.27 mi (80.90 km)|
|Existed:||1937 – present|
|South end:||SR 39 near Perrysville|
| US 30 near Ashland
US 224 in Nova
|North end:||US 20 near Oberlin|
State Route 511 (SR 511) is a 50.27-mile (80.90 km) long north–south state highway in the northern portion of the U.S. state of Ohio. The southern terminus of SR 511 is at a T-intersection with SR 39 about 2 miles (3.2 km) north of Perrysville. Its northern terminus is at a trumpet interchange with the U.S. Route 20 (US 20) freeway 0.75 miles (1.21 km) east of Oberlin.
Along its way, SR 511 passes through Ashland and Lorain counties. There are no segments of SR 511 that are included as a part of the National Highway System (NHS). The NHS is a network of highways identified as being most important for the economy, mobility and defense of the nation.
|This section requires expansion. (November 2011)|
The highway was extended north through Kipton and then east through Oberlin to its current northern terminus at the US 20 freeway just east of Oberlin in 1989. This extension replaced what was formerly the westernmost portion of SR 10, and coincided the completion of the US 20 freeway heading northeast from the Oberlin area toward Elyria. The western terminus of SR 10 was relocated to the junction of US 20 and SR 57 just southeast of Elyria at that time, and SR 511 was extended as a result.
|SR 39 – Perrysville, Mansfield||Y intersection, western branch is SR 511-A|
|Vermillion Township||6.93||11.15||US 30 – Wooster, Mansfield|
|Ashland||11.24||18.09||SR 511C to US 42 – Medina, Mansfield||Connector to US 42|
|11.34||18.25||SR 60 south – Hayesville, Loudonville||Southern end of SR 60 concurrency|
|13.22||21.28||SR 96 east (Main Street) / Center Street||Southern end of SR 96 concurrency|
|13.36||21.50||SR 96 west (Sandusky Street) / West 2nd Street||Northern end of SR 96 concurrency|
|14.08||22.66||SR 60 north (North Cottage Street)||Northern end of SR 60 concurrency|
|Montgomery Township||14.76||23.75||US 250 – Wooster, Norwalk|
|Orange Township||18.00||28.97||SR 302 east – Nankin||Southern end of SR 302 concurrency|
|18.35||29.53||SR 302 west – Savannah||Northern end of SR 302 concurrency|
|Troy Township||25.10||40.39||US 224 – Lodi, Greenwich|
|Lorain||Rochester Township||30.22||48.63||SR 162 – New London, Spencer|
|Brighton Township||34.98||56.29||SR 18 – Norwalk, Medina|
|Camden Township||39.60||63.73||SR 303 – Wakeman, Lagrange|
|41.05||66.06||US 20 – Norwalk, Elyria|
|Oberlin||47.45||76.36||SR 58 (Main Street)|
|New Russia Township||50.27||80.90||US 20 – Norwalk, Elyria|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Ohio Department of Highways (1936) (MrSID). Official Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1936a.sid. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- Ohio Department of Highways (1937) (MrSID). Official Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1937a.sid. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams: SR 511, Ashland County". Retrieved 2009-03-26.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams: SR 511, Lorain County". Retrieved 2009-03-26.
- Federal Highway Administration (December 2003) (PDF). National Highway System: Ohio (Map). http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/planning/nhs/maps/oh/oh_Ohio.pdf. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- Ohio Department of Transportation (1987) (MrSID). Official Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by ODOT. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1987a.sid. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- Ohio Department of Transportation (1989) (MrSID). Official Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by ODOT. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1989a.sid. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- ODOT. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams: SR 511-A, Ashland County". Retrieved January 11, 2014.
- ODOT. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams: SR 511-C, Ashland County". Retrieved January 11, 2014.