Ohio State Route 598
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length:||23.43 mi (37.71 km)|
|Existed:||1937 – present|
|South end:||SR 309 / SR 61 / SR 19 in Galion|
| US 30 near Galion
US 224 near Willard
|North end:||SR 103 near Willard, Ohio|
|Counties:||Crawford, Richland, Huron|
State Route 598 (SR 598, OH 598) is a 23.43-mile (37.71 km) long north–south state highway in the northern portion of the U.S. state of Ohio. The southern terminus of SR 598 is at a signalized intersection where it meets SR 19, SR 61 and SR 309 in Galion. Its northern terminus is at SR 103 nearly 1.75 miles (2.82 km) east of Willard.
Along its path, SR 598 travels through eastern Crawford County, northwestern Richland County and southwestern Huron County. SR 598 is not included as a part of the National Highway System (NHS). The NHS is a network of routes identified as being most important for the economy, mobility and defense of the nation.
|This section requires expansion. (June 2011)|
SR 598 was applied in 1937. The highway was originally routed along its present alignment from its southern terminus in Galion to its junction with SR 98 northeast of Tiro. One year later, SR 598 was extended to the northeast along a previously un-numbered roadway, then northerly along a brief overlap of SR 61 and a short state highway that had carried the SR 289 designation to its current northern terminus at what was then the predecessor to SR 103, SR 194.
||Galion||0.00||0.00||SR 19 (Harding Way) / SR 61 / SR 309 (Portland Way)|
|Jefferson Township||1.99||3.20||US 30||Interchange|
|Vernon Township||8.95||14.40||SR 96 west – Bucyrus||Southern end of SR 96 concurrency|
|9.08||14.61||SR 96 east – Shelby||Northern end of SR 96 concurrency|
|11.00||17.70||SR 39 – Tiro, Shelby|
|Auburn Township||14.91||24.00||SR 98 – Bucyrus, Plymouth|
||No major junctions|
||New Haven Township||21.86||35.18||SR 61 south – Plymouth||Southern end of SR 61 concurrency|
|22.25||35.81||SR 61 north – Norwalk||Northern end of SR 61 concurrency|
|23.43||37.71||SR 103 (Boughtonville Road Extension) – Willard|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Ohio Department of Highways (1936) (MrSID). Official Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1936a.sid. Retrieved 2011-06-04.
- Ohio Department of Highways (1937) (MrSID). Official Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1937a.sid. Retrieved 2011-06-04.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams: SR 598, Crawford County". Retrieved 2011-06-04.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams: SR 598, Richland County". Retrieved 2011-06-04.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams: SR 598, Huron County". Retrieved 2011-06-04.
- Federal Highway Administration (December 2003) (PDF). National Highway System: Ohio (Map). http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/planning/nhs/maps/oh/oh_Ohio.pdf. Retrieved 2011-06-04.
- Ohio Department of Highways (1938) (MrSID). Official Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1938a.sid. Retrieved 2011-06-04.