Ohio State Route 607
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length:||1.688 mi (2.717 km)|
|Existed:||Planned in 2011
July 26, 2013 – present
|South end:||SR 60 near McConnelsville|
|North end:||SR 78 near McConnelsville|
The state route starts at the intersection of SR 60 near McConnelsville. SR 607 travels north for the majority of the length. Halfway through the route, SR 607 meets Township Road 696 in a T-intersection, where the route moves slightly westward. After that, there is an Ohio Army National Guard training site at Hawk Drive. The route keeps moving north until it ends at SR 78 at another T-intersection. The route goes through mostly forests and construction sites.
Planning of Monastery Road (Township Road 209) improvements began in 2003. At that time, $3.8 million in state funding was set aside for the project, but the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) did not receive the money until 2005. By 2007, most of the earmarked money was spent on preliminary engineering and planning. Without the money, Morgan Township officials could not afford to upgrade the road, and ODOT was barred from spending money on local roads. In 2011, deputy director Steve Williams devised a new plan that made the township road a state route, and Morgan Township officials were asked to give the road up.
Realignment and reopening
Monastery Road was closed in Spring 2012 for improvements and realignment, and was closed for 120 days. The project cost around $1.5 million. On July 25, 2013, ODOT erected state route signs on the road. The next day, Williams announced the upgrade of Monastery Road to State Route 607 and reopened the road.
|0.00||0.00||SR 60 (Marietta Road)|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Rose, David (July 26, 2013). "It’s official, Morgan County State Route 607" (Press release). Ohio Department of Transportation. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services DESTAPE - Morgan County". Retrieved November 23, 2013.
- Google Inc. "Ohio State Route 607". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=State+Route+607%2FTownship+Rd+209%2FN+Monastery+Rd+NW&daddr=State+Route+607%2FTownship+Rd+209%2FN+Monastery+Rd+NW&hl=en&ll=39.673569,-81.828725&spn=0.013048,0.027874&sll=39.674171,-81.832019&sspn=0.003262,0.006968&geocode=FYASXQIdzHgf-w%3BFe5kXQId01Ef-w&mra=dme&mrsp=1&sz=18&t=m&z=16. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- Google Inc. "Army National Guard, Hawk Drive, McConnelsville, OH". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Army+National+Guard,+Hawk+Drive,+McConnelsville,+OH&hl=en&ll=39.669708,-81.834004&spn=0.003262,0.006968&fb=1&gl=us&hq=Army+National+Guard,&hnear=0x884820441893abf9:0xbe29b8f33104c01f,Hawk+Dr,+McConnelsville,+OH+43756&cid=0,0,8882965442215858972&t=h&z=18&iwloc=A. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- Shawver, Sam (August 1, 2013). "Morgan twp. road now a state route". The Marietta Times. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- "Morgan Co. SR 607 Realignment". Ohio Department of Transportation. April 2, 2012. Retrieved August 13, 2013.