Ohio State Route 63
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length:||11.74 mi (18.89 km)|
|Existed:||1927 – present|
|West end:||SR 4 near Monroe|
|I‑75 near Monroe|
|East end:||US 42 / SR 48 / SR 123 in Lebanon|
State Route 63 (SR 63) is a 11.74-mile (18.89 km) long east–west state highway located in the southwestern portion of the U.S. state of Ohio. The western terminus of SR 63 is at a trumpet interchange with SR 4 on the western outskirts of Monroe. Its eastern terminus is at a signalized intersection with US 42, SR 48 and SR 123 in downtown Lebanon.
The westernmost portion of SR 63 between SR 4 and I-75 is a four-lane divided highway. It is signed as Hamilton–Lebanon Road. From I-75 east to downtown Lebanon, SR 63 is a two-lane route that is signed as Main Street. Before the construction of the SR 129 freeway between Hamilton and I-75, SR 63 in combination with SR 4 provided the quickest connection between Hamilton and Lebanon.
Along the way, SR 63 travels through northeastern Butler County and northwestern Warren County. No part of SR 63 is included within the National Highway System (NHS). The NHS is a network of highways defined as being most important for the economy, mobility and defense of the country.
|This section requires expansion. (December 2011)|
SR 63 was established in 1927. Throughout its history, SR 63 has been designated along the same stretch of highway through portions of Butler and Warren Counties, replacing what had been known as SR 125 prior to 1927.
|Butler||Monroe||0.00||0.00||SR 4 – Middletown, Hamilton||Interchange|
|Warren||4.84||7.79||I‑75 – Cincinnati, Dayton||Exit 29 (I-75)|
|Turtle Creek Township||7.91||12.73||SR 741 – Mason, Springboro|
|Lebanon||11.74||18.89||US 42 / SR 48 / SR 123 (Broadway / Main Street)|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Ohio Department of Highways and Public Works (August 1926) (MrSID). Map of Ohio Showing State Routes (Map). Cartography by ODHPW. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1926a.sid. Retrieved 2011-12-31.
- Ohio Department of Highways and Public Works (June 1927) (MrSID). Map of Ohio Showing State Highway System (Map). Cartography by ODHPW. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1927a.sid. Retrieved 2011-12-31.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams: SR 63, Butler County". Retrieved 2011-12-29.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams: SR 63, Warren County". Retrieved 2011-12-29.
- Federal Highway Administration (December 2003) (PDF). National Highway System: Ohio (Map). http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/planning/nhs/maps/oh/oh_Ohio.pdf. Retrieved 2011-12-28.
- Ohio Department of Highways (1967) (MrSID). Official Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1967a.sid. Retrieved 2011-12-31.
- Ohio Department of Highways (1969) (MrSID). Official Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1969a.sid. Retrieved 2011-12-31.