Ohio State Route 719
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length:||0.61 mi (0.98 km)|
|Existed:||by 1989 – present|
|West end:||US 22 / SR 93 in South Zanesville|
|East end:||SR 555 in Zanesville|
State Route 719 (SR 719) is a very short east–west state highway located in central Ohio, a U.S. state. Situated within the southernmost sections of the city of Zanesville as well as parts of South Zanesville and Springfield Township, SR 719 is a four-lane undivided route whose primary purpose is to connect the concurrency of US 22 and SR 93 (Marysville Avenue) at its western end with SR 555 at its eastern end, which, in turn, meets SR 60 just across the Muskingum River from SR 719's eastern terminus.
The short journey of SR 719 begins at the signalized intersection of the concurrency of US 22 and SR 93 (Marysville Avenue) and Clay Street on the boundary between South Zanesville and Zanesville. The highway immediately crosses railroad tracks, then comes upon the signalized intersection it has with June Parkway. Heading east from there, the four-lane undivided roadway is bounded by a steep embankment on each side of the roadway. with woods abutting the top of each of the embankments, as it ducks briefly into Springfield Township before re-entering Zanesville just prior to arriving at its endpoint, a signalized intersection with SR 555 and Moxahala Avenue approximately one block west of SR 555's crossing of the Muskingum River, which is immediately west of that route's junction with SR 60.
SR 719 was first planned along its current route in the 1970s as County Road 719. The proposed county road was planned concurrently with the proposed SR 555 bridge over the Muskingum River. Constructed between 1989 and 1992, SR 719 was constructed on an entirely new alignment and has not experienced any changes in its routing.
The entire route is in Muskingum County.
|0.00||0.00||US 22 / SR 93 (Marysville Avenue) / Clay Street|
|Zanesville||0.61||0.98||SR 555 (Old River Road) to SR 60 / SR 146 / Moxahala Avenue|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams - SR 719". Retrieved February 8, 2014.
- Federal Highway Administration (December 2003) (PDF). National Highway System: Ohio (Map). http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/planning/nhs/maps/oh/oh_Ohio.pdf. Retrieved 2010-05-27.
- Yahoo! Inc. "Overview Map of State Route 719". Yahoo! Maps (Map). Cartography by Navteq. http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=h&lat=39.928084&lon=-82.011094&zoom=13&q1=39.909866%2C-82.01605&q2=39.910524%2C-82.005236. Retrieved 2010-05-27.
- "Public Hearing Planned on Ohio 555 Proposal". Zanesville Times Recorder. October 23, 1975. Retrieved February 8, 2014.
- ODOT (January 2001). "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams - SR 719". Archived from the original on September 27, 2004. Retrieved February 8, 2014.