Ohio State Route 723
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length:||0.78 mi (1.26 km)|
|South end:||I‑70 near Cambridge|
|North end:||US 22 / US 40 in Cambridge|
State Route 723 (SR 723) is a very short state highway located in east-central Ohio. Having a length of just 0.8 miles (1.3 km) and located just southwest of Cambridge, the route serves as a connector between I-70 at its exit 176 and the concurrency of US 22 and US 40.
The short SR 723 commences at I-70's exit 176, a trumpet interchange in Guernsey County's Cambridge Township. Heading north from I-70 as a four-lane highway, SR 723 passes over the CSX railway and crosses the city limits of Cambridge. A short distance later, SR 723 comes to an end as it meets US 22 and US 40 at a signalized T-intersection.
The roadway that carries SR 723 was constructed by 1961. For the first few years of its existence, SR 723 served as the western end of a section of I-70 that was complete. By 1967, I-70 was navigable in both directions from SR 723. Since then, no major changes have occurred to the route.
The entire route is in Guernsey County.
|Cambridge Township||0.00||0.00||I‑70 – Columbus, Wheeling, WV||Exit 176 (I-70)|
|Cambridge||0.78||1.26||US 22 / US 40 – Cambridge|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams". Retrieved 2013-07-08.
- Yahoo! Inc. "Overview Map of State Route 723". Yahoo! Maps (Map). Cartography by Navteq. http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=h&lat=40.015091&lon=-81.608526&zoom=14&q1=40.006923%2C-81.628353&q2=40.012445%2C-81.624233. Retrieved 2010-05-03.
- Federal Highway Administration (December 2003) (PDF). National Highway System: Ohio (Map). http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/planning/nhs/maps/oh/oh_Ohio.pdf. Retrieved 2010-05-03.
- Ohio Department of Highways (1962) (MrSID). 1962 Official Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by P.E. Masheter, Director. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1962a.sid. Retrieved September 2, 2013.
- ODOH (1964) (MrSID). Ohio Official Highway Map (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1964ar.sid. Retrieved September 2, 2013.
- ODOH (1965) (MrSID). See the Wonderful World of Ohio (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1965a.sid. Retrieved September 2, 2013.
- ODOH (1966) (MrSID). See the Wonderful World of Ohio (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1966a.sid. Retrieved September 22, 2013.
- ODOH (1967) (MrSID). 1967 Official Highway Map (Map). Cartography by P.E. Masheter, Director. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1967a.sid. Retrieved September 22, 2013.