Ohio State Route 751
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length:||15.96 mi (25.69 km)|
|Existed:||1962 – present|
|West end:||SR 93 in West Lafayette|
|US 36 near West Lafayette|
|East end:||I‑77 in Stone Creek|
State Route 751 (SR 751) is an east–west state highway located in the east-central portion of Ohio. The highway runs between its western terminus at SR 93 in West Lafayette and its eastern terminus at a diamond interchange with I-77 on the outskirts of the village of Stone Creek.
|This section requires expansion. (October 2010)|
The designation of SR 751 came in 1962 along what was formerly designated SR 75 between the current western terminus in West Lafayette and the intersection with Bridge Street (formerly U.S. Route 21) in Stone Creek. The route had been a part of the state highway system since 1912, though between 1912 and 1922, the route was numbered SR 408. The next year, the route between what is now County Road 9 in Oxford Township and Stone Creek became SR 75 and the final portion between West Lafayette and CR 9 became SR 75 by 1931. The entire route of what is now SR 751 became paved by 1939. With the construction of I-75 in the western part of the state, and the state's rule that no state highway number may duplicate an Interstate or U.S. route number, SR 75 was redesignated in part as an extension of SR 93 from West Lafayette south, and as the newly designated State Route 751 from West Lafayette to Stone Creek.
With the completion of I-77 around Stone Creek by 1971, and corresponding removal of US 21 from Ohio in that year, SR 751 was extended through Stone Creek from its previous eastern terminus along Bridge Street, then easterly from the split of Tuscarawas County Road 21 (former US 21) to its current eastern terminus at I-77's exit 73. No other significant changes have taken place to the routing of SR 751 since that extension.
|Coshocton||West Lafayette||0.00||0.00||SR 93 (Plainfield Road / East Main Street)|
|Oxford Township||4.01||6.45||US 36 – Warsaw, Newcomerstown|
|Tuscarawas||Stone Creek||15.96||25.69||I‑77 – Marietta, Cleveland||Exit 73 (I-77)|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams". Retrieved 2010-08-29.
- Federal Highway Administration (December 2003) (PDF). National Highway System: Ohio (Map). http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/planning/nhs/maps/oh/oh_Ohio.pdf. Retrieved 2010-08-29.
- Ohio State Highway Department (1912) (MrSID). Map of Ohio Showing Inter-County Highways (Map). Cartography by James R. Marker, State Highway Commissioner. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1912a.sid. Retrieved August 18, 2013.
- Ohio Department of Highways and Public Works (1922) (MrSID). Map of Ohio State Highways Showing All Improved Roadways (Map). Cartography by E.C. Blosser. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1922a.sid. Retrieved August 18, 2013.
- ODOH (1923) (MrSID). Map of Ohio Showing State Routes (Map). Cartography by L.A. Boulay, Director. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1923a.sid. Retrieved August 18, 2013.
- ODOH (1931) (MrSID). Map of Ohio Showing State Highway System (Map). Cartography by O.W. Merrell, Director. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1931a.sid. Retrieved August 19, 2013.
- ODOH (1939) (MrSID). Ohio Highway Map 1939 (Map). Cartography by Robt. S. Beightler, Director. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1939a.sid. Retrieved August 19, 2013.
- Ohio Department of Transportation (1961). Ohio State Map (Map).
- Ohio Department of Transportation (1962). Ohio State Map (Map).
- Ohio Department of Transportation (1969). Ohio State Map (Map).
- Ohio Department of Transportation (1971). Ohio State Map (Map).