Ohio State Route 800
SR 800 highlighted in red
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length:||110.69 mi (178.14 km)|
|Existed:||1969 – present|
|South end:||SR 7 near New Matamoras|
|US 36 at Uhrichsville|
|North end:||I‑77 in Canton|
|Counties:||Monroe, Belmont, Guernsey, Harrison, Tuscarawas, Stark|
State Route 800 (SR 800) is a north–south state highway in the eastern portion of the U.S. state of Ohio. Its southern terminus is at SR 7 in the community of Fly near New Matamoras, and its northern terminus is at its interchange with Interstate 77 in Canton.
Most of SR 800 was first designated in 1923 as SR 48 south of Dennison and SR 8 north of Dennison. By 1927, the road from Fly to Dennison became a southern extension of SR 8. Except for a realignment onto the US 250 expressway between Dennison and New Philadelphia in the 1960s, no major changes to the routing of SR 8 occurred between 1927 and 1969.
In May 1968, the Ohio Department of Highways (predecessor to Ohio Department of Transportation) proposed the renumbering of SR 8 to SR 800. The renumbering took place to avoid long conflicts with the newly constructed Interstate Highway System in Ohio. SR 800 signs began appearing along the road in February 1969 with a six-month transition allowing for the removal of old SR 8 signs. The renumbering coincided with the renumbering of a section of SR 16 in the New Philadelphia area (it became SR 416). Except for a realignment of the route around the north side of Dennison by 1979, no other changes have occurred to SR 800's routing.
|Monroe||Jackson Township||0.00||0.00||SR 7 – Clarington, Marietta|
|Center Township||14.55||23.42||SR 255 east – Laings, Sardis||Western terminus of SR 255|
|15.46||24.88||SR 26 south – Graysville, Marietta||Southern end of SR 26 concurrency|
|Woodsfield||17.77||28.60||SR 78 (Court Street) – Caldwell, Lewisville, Clarington|
|17.92||28.84||SR 26 north (North Main Street) / North Street – Jerusalem||Northern end of SR 26 concurrency|
|Malaga Township||25.16||40.49||SR 145 – Miltonsburg, Lewisville, Jerusalem, Beallsville|
|Belmont||Warren Township||33.48||53.88||SR 148 east / Water Works Road / Burkhart Road – Armstrong Mills, Powhatan Point||Western terminus of SR 148|
|Barnesville||35.82||57.65||SR 147 west (Leatherwood Pike)||Southern end of SR 147 concurrency|
|36.25||58.34||SR 147 east (Main Street)||Northern end of SR 147 concurrency|
|I‑70 / US 40 / CR 102 (Mt. Olivett Road) – Wheeling, WV, Columbus||Exit 202 (I-70)|
|Guernsey||Londonderry Township||53.56||86.20||US 22 west – Cambridge||Southern end of US 22 concurrency|
|Harrison||Freeport Township||54.17||87.18||US 22 east – Cadiz||Northern end of US 22 concurrency|
|Freeport||57.48||92.51||SR 342 west (Main Street) / Philadelphia Street – West Chester||Eastern terminus of SR 342|
|Freeport Township||59.12||95.14||SR 799 east (Clendening Lake Road) – Tappan Lake Park, Clendening Lake||Western terminus of SR 799|
|Tuscarawas||Rush Township||68.07||109.55||SR 258 west – West Chester||Eastern terminus of SR 258|
|Union Township||75.18||120.99||US 250 east – Cadiz||Southern end of US 250 concurrency|
|Mill Township||75.75||121.91||North 2nd Street – Dennison||Interchange|
|Uhrichsville||76.55||123.20||US 36 west / North Water Street – Gnadenhutten, Newcomerstown, Uhrichsville||Interchange; eastern terminus of US 36|
|77.22||124.27||Southern end of freeway|
|Midvale||79.74||128.33||CR 68 (Barnhill Road) – Midvale, Barnhill|
US 250 Bus. / SR 259 (East High Avenue / Reiser Avenue) / CR 62 – Schoenbrunn
|83.62||134.57||US 250 west / SR 416 south (South Broadway Street) – Wooster, Tuscarawas||Northern end of US 250 concurrency; southern end of SR 416 concurrency|
|83.62||134.57||Northern end of freeway|
US 250 Bus. east / SR 39 east (East High Avenue) / SR 416 north (North Broadway Street)
|Northern end of SR 416 concurrency; southern end of US 250 Bus. / SR 39 concurrency|
US 250 Bus. west / SR 39 west (West High Avenue) to I‑70 / 4th Street SW
|Northern end of US 250 Bus. / SR 39 concurrency|
|Dover||87.99||141.61||SR 211 south (West Front Street) to I‑77 / North Wooster Avenue||Northern terminus of SR 211|
|Dover Township||90.75||146.05||SR 416 south – New Philadelphia||Northern terminus of SR 416|
|Fairfield Township||94.79||152.55||SR 212 west – Zoar||Southern end of SR 212 concurrency|
|Sandy Township||95.19||153.19||SR 212 east – Sherrodsville||Northern end of SR 212 concurrency|
|99.97||160.89||SR 183 east / CR 108 (Cross Roads Road) – Minerva, Sandyville||Western terminus of SR 183|
|I‑77 / Cleveland Avenue SW – Downtown Canton, Marietta||Exit 103 (I-77); access to I-77 south via Cleveland Avenue SW and Bolivar Road SW|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- "DESTAPE". Ohio Department of Transportation. July 16, 2013. Retrieved July 26, 2014.
- Ohio Department of Highways and Public Works (1922) (MrSID). Map of Ohio State Highways Showing All Improved Roadways (Map). Cartography by E.C. Blosser. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1922a.sid. Retrieved August 18, 2013.
- ODOH (1923) (MrSID). Map of Ohio Showing State Routes (Map). Cartography by L.A. Boulay, Director. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1923a.sid. Retrieved August 18, 2013.
- ODOH (1926) (MrSID). Map of Ohio Showing State Routes (Map). Cartography by G.F. Schlesinger, Director. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1926a.sid. Retrieved September 22, 2013.
- ODOH (1927) (MrSID). Map of Ohio Showing State Routes (Map). Cartography by G.F. Schlesinger, Director. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1927a.sid. Retrieved September 22, 2013.
- ODOH (1965) (MrSID). See the Wonderful World of Ohio (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1965a.sid. Retrieved September 2, 2013.
- ODOH (1966) (MrSID). See the Wonderful World of Ohio (Map). Cartography by ODOH. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1966a.sid. Retrieved September 22, 2013.
- "State of Ohio Department of Highways Legal Notice". The Times-Reporter. June 10, 1968. p. 22. Retrieved August 13, 2014.
- Staff (February 11, 1969). "State Route 8, 16 Are Changed". Coshocton Tribune. p. 4-B. Retrieved August 13, 2014.
- Ohio Department of Transportation (1978) (MrSID). Official Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by ODOT. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1978a.sid. Retrieved September 22, 2013.
- ODOT (1979) (MrSID). Official Ohio Highway Map (Map). Cartography by ODOT. http://www.dot.state.oh.us/Divisions/TransSysDev/Innovation/prod_services/Documents/StateMaps/otm1979a.sid. Retrieved September 22, 2013.