Ohio Township, Clermont County, Ohio
|Ohio Township, Clermont County, Ohio|
Municipalities and townships of Clermont County
|• Total||13.8 sq mi (35.7 km2)|
|• Land||13.4 sq mi (34.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.9 km2)|
|Elevation||630 ft (192 m)|
|• Density||386/sq mi (149.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085868|
Ohio Township is one of the fourteen townships of Clermont County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census reported 5,192 people living in the township, 2,610 of whom were in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southwestern part of the county along the Ohio River, it borders the following townships:
- Pierce Township - north
- Monroe Township - southeast
- Campbell County, Kentucky lies across the Ohio River to the southwest.
The village of New Richmond is located in southwestern Ohio Township, along the Ohio River.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Ohio township, Clermont County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 16, 2015.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.