From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up oil in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
In the most general sense, an oil is any liquid not miscible with water.
Oil usually refers to:
- Petroleum (or crude oil)
- Lubricants or lubrication
- Edible oil or cooking oil
- Motor oil
- Fuel oil or Heating oil or Lighting oil
It may also refer to:
Arts and entertainment
- Oil (band), a group of Californian heavy metal musicians
- OiL, a band from Pennsylvania now called CKY
- Oil: Chicago Punk Refined, a compilation CD of punk bands from Chicago, U.S.
- Midnight Oil (band), also known as "The Oils," Australian rock band
- Oil, the original title of the 1980s American soap opera Dynasty
- "Oil" (Dynasty), the debut episode of Dynasty
- "Oil" (The Young Ones), an episode of The Young Ones
- Oil!, a novel by Upton Sinclair published in 1927
- Oil (film), a 2009 Italian documentary film
The acronym or abbreviation OIL may refer to:
- OIL (incorporations and corporate services), a provider of international incorporations and corporate services
- The Office of Infrastructure and Logistics (European Commission) in Luxembourg
- Ontology Inference Layer or Ontology Interchange Language, an Ontology Infrastructure for the Semantic Web
- Oil India Ltd, a company
- Oil Insurance Limited, a mutual insurance company
- OSEK Implementation Language, a description language used in OSEK systems
- Oilexco, (TSX: OIL, LON: OIL) is an oil and gas exploration and production company.
- Langues d'oïl (in Romance languages)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Oil.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.