Oklahoma City Roller Derby
|Metro area||Oklahoma City, OK|
|Teams||Tornado Alley Rollergirls (A team)
Lightning Broads (B team)
|Venue||Historic Farmers Market|
Oklahoma City Roller Derby (OKCRD) is a roller derby league based in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Founded in 2006, the league currently consists of two teams which compete against teams from other leagues.
The league was founded by eight local women in March 2006 as the "Tornado Alley Rollergirls". More skaters joined in April, and the league grew rapidly. By the end of the year, the league already had four teams comprising a total of around 40 skaters, and was bouting regularly. However, in 2007, the majority of two of the teams left the league: most of the Cell Block 9 team founding the Red Dirt Rebellion banked track league, and most of the Victory Dolls forming the new Oklahoma Victory Dolls league.
In 2008, the league adopted its current name, with Tornado Alley Rollergirls becoming a team name. It was accepted into the Women's Flat Track Derby Association Apprentice Program in July 2010, and became a full member of the WFTDA in March 2011.
- "About OKCRD", OKCRD
- Tony Pennington, "Down and derby", Norman Transcript, May 20, 2007
- Alice Collinsworth, "Rolling in the new year", Edmond Sun, December 30, 2006
- "WFTDA Apprentice Program welcomes 16 new leagues", 8 July 2010
- "WFTDA Welcomes 6 New Members", WFTDA, 1 March 2011
- "Current Rankings", WFTDA