Oklahoma State University–Oklahoma City
|Oklahoma State University–Oklahoma City|
|Location||Oklahoma City, Oklahoma|
|Campus||Urban, 110 acres (0.45 km2)|
|Motto||OSU-OKC To A Higher Degree|
|Colors||Orange & Black|
|Affiliations||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools|
Oklahoma State University–Oklahoma City (abbreviated OSU-OKC) is a coeducational public university located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Originally a branch of Oklahoma State University–Stillwater beginning in 1961, its name changed from Oklahoma State University Technical Institute to its current designation in 1990. It is part of the Oklahoma State University System. The school offers more than 40 degrees and/or certificates. Traditional semester classes are held weekdays and weeknights, with three-week session classes available on the weekends.
- Associate in applied science degree programs
- Associate in science degree programs
- Certificate programs
- Cooperative agreement programs
- General education programs
- Computer industry certifications
- Developmental education classes
Community leaders and professionals serve on advisory committees for each campus division, providing input on workforce changes.
The seven divisions are:
- Agriculture Technologies
- Arts & Sciences
- Business Administration
- Health Sciences
- Human Services
- Initial College Studies
- Science & Engineering Technologies
The Office of Student Development’s mission is to enhance student success by offering a wide range of opportunities to develop socially, personally and professionally through an enhanced collegiate experience.
The Staff at OSU-OKC is dedicated to help students reach their education goals.
- Alpha Pi Nu Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society
- American Criminal Justice Association
- Black Student Association (BSA)
- Baptist Collegiate Ministries (BCM)
- Chemical Abuse Recovery Education Student Organization (CARE)
- College Republicans of America
- Computer Technology Club (CTC)
- Deaf/Hearing Social Club
- Early Care Education Association
- Electronics Engineering Technology Club (EET)
- Go Green
- Hispanic Student Association
- Mission Dance
- Native American Student Association (NASA)
- Oklahoma Intercollegiate Legislature (OIL)
- Oklahoma State Secular Organization
- OSU-Oklahoma City Chapter of the Emergency Medical Technician Student Association (EMTSA)
- OSU-Oklahoma City Chapter of the Oklahoma Student Nurse Association
- Professional Landscape Network Student Organization (PLANET)
- Sexual Orientation Diversity Association (SODA)
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) Student Chapter 263
- Students Association for Victim’s Interest and Empowerment (SAVIE)
- Student Government Association (SGA)
- Students Leaders of Tomorrow
- Student Parents Association (SPA)
- Veterinary Technician Student Association
- Wind Energy Student Association
- Young Democrats of America
OSU-OKC’s Advisement Center is a highly personalized approach to academic advisement, which reflects OSU-OKC’s student-centered philosophy].
Financial Aid and Scholarships
The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships operates to provide OSU-OKC students with a means of financing their educational goals.
Services to Students with Disabilities
OSU-OKC claims to be committed to providing educational opportunities and support services to students with disabilities based upon the documentation of a disability covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the ADA Amendments Act of 2008. OSU-OKC is allegedly committed to providing full access to students pursuing their educational and career goals.
Service learning at OSU-OKC is an educational opportunity that allows the students to apply classroom learning within the community in which they go to school, work and/or live. Students conduct a service learning project with the approval and guidance of their class instructor. The service learning project may or may not be required as part of the student’s grade, depending upon the instructor’s discretion.
To assist with service learning involvement, Services Learning Fairs are held each fall and spring semester on campus. Volunteer agencies attend this event to provide information the opportunities available and to assist students with signing up.
Center for Safety and Emergency Preparedness
CSEP provides broad based training in the areas of safety, emergency preparedness and precision driver training.
- Oklahoma State University - Oklahoma City home page
- Oklahoma State University System home page
- OSU-OKC is a participating institution at the Ardmore Higher Education Center