Olaf Henning Thommessen (born 1 August 1966) is a Norwegian businessman and politician for the Liberal Party.
Olaf Thommessen is a Roman Catholic of French and Norwegian descent. His mother was Anette Thommessen (1932–1994), a French national. Annette got her Norwegian surname when she was married to Henrik Peter Thommessen from 1953 to 1978, who was a son of Olaf D. Thommessen, grandson of Anne and Rolf Thommessen and great-grandson of Ola Thommessen. From 1996 to 2007 Olaf Thommessen was married to supermodel-actress Vendela Kirsebom, by whom he has two children.
He was elected to the central board of the Liberal Party in 2002. In 2004 he became second deputy leader of the party. He withdrew in 2007. He served as a deputy representative to the Parliament of Norway from Oslo during the term 2005–2009, and was also a member of Oslo city council.
In 2007 he released the autobiography På innsiden utenfor.
- Hansen, Jan E. (8 December 2001). "Velintegrert slåsskjempe". Aftenposten (in Norwegian). p. 27.
- Helle, Knut (ed.). "Annette A Thommessen". Norsk biografisk leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 9 September 2011.
- Ottosen, Rune. "Rolf Thommessen". In Helle, Knut. Norsk biografisk leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 9 September 2011.
- "Venstre samlet seg om Sponheim og miljøvern" (in Norwegian). Norwegian News Agency. 14 April 2002.
- Alstadheim, Kjetil (29 March 2004). "Ikke bare Thommessen". Dagens Næringsliv (in Norwegian). p. 10.
- v, Kristin (3 November 2007). "Ferdig i rikspolitikken". Dagsavisen (in Norwegian). p. 11.
- "Olaf Thommessen" (in Norwegian). Stortinget.no.
- Andersland, Geir Kjell (22 September 2008). "Gode ansatser - ingen brannfakkel". Bergens Tidende (in Norwegian). p. 22.
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2009)|
|This article about a Norwegian politician born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|