From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Olan is usually served as part of a Sadhya.
- Black-eyed beans - 1 cup
- White pumpkin - 1 cup
- Pumpkin - 1 cup
- Green chiles - 3-4
- Coconut milk - 1½ cups
- Curry leaves - 5-6
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Soak the beans overnight.
- Pressure cook until 3/4 done.
- Add chopped pumpkin, salt and slit green chiles.
- Cook with a little water.
- When the pumpkin and the beans are completely cooked, pour hot oil tempered with curry leaves into it.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer for 3–4 minutes.
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (August 2007)|
|This Indian cuisine–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|