||This article has been nominated to be checked for its neutrality. (July 2013)|
Olcay Gülşen, also known as OJ Gulsen, (born 20 July 1980) is a Dutch fashion designer. She is the owner of fashion label "SuperTrash".
Life and career
Olcay Gulsen's parents are Kurds who immigrated from Turkey to the Netherlands before she was born, in Waalwijk. In 2002, Olcay Gulsen graduated from her Human Resource course. After graduation she moved to Amsterdam to start her first company, a HRM agency called Chill Agency, at the age of 21. She went on to start her second company named 2Stepzahead, importing international fashion brands. This gave her the opportunity to take on her third and biggest project to date: a fashion brand named SuperTrash. As of 2010, SuperTrash is sold in more than 2,000 sales points in 24 countries in Europe and America.
- 2008: Jackie Magazine – Fashion Entrepreneur of the Year
- 2010: Amsterdam Business Award
- 2010: Marie Claire Prix de la Mode – Best Fashion Entrepreneur of 2010
- 2009: Olcay becomes the faces of the new Philips Senseo coffee maker
- 2010: SuperTrash creates a Special Edition Dutch Dress for Bavaria
- 2010: Olcay becomes the face of Samsung
- 2012: SuperTrash creates a European Championship dress for Albert Heijn
- 2013: SuperTrash creates a dress to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Disneyland Paris
- 2013: Olcay becomes ambassador for the first Global Kids Fashion Week in London
- 2013: Olcay becomes ambassador for international non-profit foundation Challenge Day
- 2009: Hollands Next Top Model: guest jury member
- 2010: Project Catwalk: guest jury member
- 2010: De Wereld Draait Door – regular guest
- 2011: Project Catwalk The Netherlands – Main jury member
- 2012: The Face: Olcay becomes a main mentor
- 2013: The Daily Buzz: Olcay has her own fashion segment on the US show
The SuperTrash brand stands for luxurious, accessible clothing and specializes in dresses, tops and pants. A shoe line was added to the collection in 2009, featuring primarily high-heeled shoes supplemented by glamorous flats. Later that year a denim collection named STenim was launched. In 2010, five brand stores were opened in The Netherlands (Utrecht – The Hague – Laren – Maastricht – Eindhoven), one in Ibiza and several shop-in-shops. Additionally, an Amsterdam and Rotterdam Brand Store opened its doors in 2011. In 2012 the label expanded internationally, opening up a store and Headquarters on London's South Molton Street and New York's Prince Street. In total there are now 15 brand stores internationally, including Antwerp, Gent and Wijnegem in Belgium. The brand also introduced its new label ST. Girls in 2012 to fashionably dress 6-16-year olds. SuperTrash has also launched its own fragrance, Phenomenal and a range of nail polishes. In 2013 SuperTrash has evolved into a lifestyle brand instead of primarily a fashion label.
- "FunX Radio - Welkom bij jezelf!". Funx.nl. Retrieved 2014-07-26.
- [dead link]
- "Elsevier Dossier - Olcay Gulsen". Elsevier. 8 July 2009.
- "Toshiba TEC en K3 leveren geïntegreerde Retail Oplossing". Emerce.nl. 29 June 2010.
- "Olcay Gulsen (Supertrash) winnaar van de Amsterdam Business Award 2010". YouTube. 23 May 2010.
- "Prix de la Mode 2010 uitgereikt". Parool. 11 November 2010.
- "SuperTrash en Philips ontmoeten elkaar op catwalk tijdens AIFW". Philips. 15 July 2009.
- "Bavaria en SuperTrash maken WK jurk". Nu.nl. 23 April 2010.
- "Benelux' Next Top Model Episode 2". Rtl.nl]. 21 September 2009.
- "Project Catwalk Episode 9". Rtl.nl. 7 September 2010.
- "Gastendetail". De Wereld Draait Door. Retrieved 2014-07-26.
- "Jan Taminiau en Olcay Gulsen in jury 'Project Catwalk'". RTL. 7 July 2011.
- "Supertrash lanceert denimlijn STenim". Textilia.nl. 3 September 2009.
- "Supertrash komt met lijn voor kleine meisjes". Grazia.nl. 15 September 2011.
- "Olcay Gulsen en Edgar Davids gaan trouwen". Shownieuws.tv. 16 August 2010.
- "Olcay Gulsen en Edgar Davids uit elkaar". Glamour. Retrieved 2014-07-26.
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (November 2010)|
- Supertrash website
- Olcay shooting for Philips in NY
- Interview with Dutch newspaper 'De ondernemer'
- Interview with Dutch magazine 'Elsevier'
- Fashion and lifestyle website interviewing Olcay
- Textilla talking about 2Stepzahead taking over Supertrash
- Olcay during fashion week inviting Janice Dickinson
- Amsterdam International Fashion Week 2009
- Supertrash debuting at Pure London