View of Olden from the north
|County||Sogn og Fjordane|
|• Total||0.57 km2 (0.22 sq mi)|
|Elevation ||129 m (423 ft)|
|• Density||874/km2 (2,260/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+01:00)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+02:00)|
|Post Code||6788 Olden|
Olden is a village and urban area in the municipality of Stryn in Sogn og Fjordane county, Norway. Olden is located at the mouth of the Oldeelva river at the northern end of the Oldedalen valley on the southern shore of the Nordfjorden. The 0.57-square-kilometre (140-acre) village has a population (2013) of 498, giving the village a population density of 874 inhabitants per square kilometre (2,260 /sq mi). Olden is located about 6 kilometres (3.7 mi) southwest of the village of Loen, about a 16 kilometres (9.9 mi) drive southeast of the municipal center of Stryn, and about 15 kilometres (9.3 mi) east of the village of Innvik.
Olden is a major tourist area. The cruise port in Olden had 61 cruise ship arrivals in 2003. The Briksdalsbreen glacier, a popular hiking destination, is located about 25 kilometres (16 mi) south of Olden, at the end of the Oldedalen valley. It is a small arm off the main Jostedalsbreen glacier. There are two churches in Olden, the Old Olden Church (built in 1759) and Olden Church (built in 1934).
- Svein Lundevall (born 1944) - Norwegian civil servant
- Rune Skarstein (born 1940) - Norwegian radical economist
- Statistisk sentralbyrå (1 January 2013). "Urban settlements. Population and area, by municipality.".
- "Olden, Stryn" (in Norwegian). yr.no. Retrieved 2013-10-087.
- Reksnes, Asgeir; Svanes, Brit Jorunn (16 March 2006). "Rekordsommar for cruisetrafikken". Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (in Norwegian). Retrieved 2009-07-05.
- Media related to Olden at Wikimedia Commons
|This Sogn og Fjordane location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|