Oldenzaal (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈɔɫdə(n)ˌzaːɫ] ( )) is a municipality and a city in the eastern province of Overijssel in the Netherlands. It is part of the region of Twente and is close to the German border.
It received city rights in 1249. Historically, the city was part of the Hanseatic League as a subsidiary city of the fellow Hanseatic city of Deventer.
Located on the A1 motorway from Amsterdam to Germany, Oldenzaal also has a rail connection to Hengelo.
The town is served by the Oldenzaal railway station.
Dutch Topographic map of Oldenzaal (town), as of June 2014
- Derk Boerrigter, football (soccer) player
- Ellen van Langen, middle distance runner
- Frédérique Ankoné, speed skater
- Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink, football (soccer) player
- Mieke Telkamp, singer
- Patrick Gerritsen, football (soccer) player
- Raimond van der Gouw, football (soccer) player
- Rudie Kemna, cyclist
- Ruud Fiselier (Rudy Gunn), DJ/ Producer/ Singer/ Actor
- Nathalie Timmermans, softball player
- Wilfried Brookhuis, football (soccer) player
- Tim Breukers, football (soccer) player
- Henri Max Corwin (Cohen), World War II humanitarian and founder of a propaganda museum
- Björn Kuipers, football (soccer) referee
- Bart and Tim Grönefeld, watchmakers, founders of Grönefeld Exclusive Timepieces