|Oleg Dmitriyevich Baklanov
Олег Дмитриевич Бакланов
|Minister of General Machine Building|
8 April 1983 – 25 march 1988
|Premier||Nikolai Tikhonov, Nikolai Ryzhkov|
|Preceded by||Sergey Afanasyev|
|Succeeded by||Vitaly Doguzhiev|
17 March 1932 |
Kharkiv, Ukrainian SSR
|Awards||* Order of Lenin|
Oleg Dmitriyevich Baklanov (Russian: Оле́г Дми́триевич Бакла́нов; born March 17, 1932) was a Soviet politician, high functionary in government and industry, and is now a scientist and businessman. As Minister of General Machine Building, he was responsible for Soviet space industry during the 80s.
He was member of the CPSU Central Committee (1988-1991) responsible for issues of state defense and one of the GKChP members during the 1991 Soviet coup d'état attempt. Baklanov worked in an instrument engineering factory in Kharkov, Ukraine, and later became chief of the factory. He was appointed as engineering industry minister of USSR in 1983 and Supreme Soviet deputy (1981-91). Included in the post-coup amnesty in 1994. Baklanov is the chairman of the board of governors at the Rosobshemash company.
Honours and awards
- Hero of Socialist Labour (1976)
- Order of Lenin (1976)
- Order of the October Revolution
- Order of the Red Banner of Labour, twice
- Order of the Badge of Honour (1960)
- Lenin Prize (1982)
- Chairman of the Society of Friendship and cooperation between the peoples of Ukraine and Russia
- Member of the Presidium of the Russian Academy of Cosmonautics Tsiolkovsky
- International Academy of Information Technology
- Academician of the Academy of Security, Defence and Law Enforcement.
|This Soviet biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|