Oleg Kozerod, Ph.D., D.Sc., (born 1970) is a journalist, history researcher and Doctor of Historical Sciences. Kozerod graduated from Kharkiv University in 1993.
Kozerod was born in Ukraine, and is widely recognized in Europe and the CIS as a talented journalist and writer. For many years he worked as a European reporter for several news agencies, including the World Jewish News Agency, and other news companies.
Since 2000, he is a D.Sc. candidate at the Institute of Political and Ethno-national Studies of the Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. Since 2001, he is a visiting Fellow and Scholar at the Oxford Center for Hebrew and Jewish Studies, and since 2008, a Academic Visitor at the European Humanities Research Center (University of Oxford).
Kozerod is an author of hundreds of scientific and op-ed articles, and several monographs, including:
- "Perelomnye gody. Evreiskaya obshina Ukrainu v 1919-1929 gg." [Life-Changing Years. Jewish Community in Ukraine 1919-1929], Kharkiv, 1998 - 161 pp
- "A.I.Denikin's regime and Jewish Population of Ukraine: 1919-1920", Kharkiv, 1997
- "Evrei Ukrainy v period novoi ekonomicheskoi politiki" [Ukrainian Jews during the New Economic Policy], Kiev, 2002 - 252 pp
- "150 evreiskyh organizazyi Velikobritanii" [150 Jewish Organizations in Great Britain], 2006 -181 pp.
- Genderni Aspekty Istorii Ukrains’kogo Evreistva na prukladi periodu 1920-kh rokiv (Gender Aspects of the History of Ukrainian Jewry, the Case of the 1920s). Kyiv: Raduga, 2013.- 104 pp.
- Istoriografichni Problemy evreiskoi istorii i filosofii (Historiographical problems of Jewish history and philosophy). Kyiv: Raduga, 2014.- 190 pp.
Kozerod is an expert in the history of Ukraine, in the field of contemporary policy and national security of Great Britain and the European Union, including the history of the 20th century, terrorism, xenophobia, anti-Semitism and interethnic relations. In 1996, he defended a Ph.D thesis on historiography of the White Movement in Ukraine. In 2009, Kozerod defended a D.Sc. thesis on the history of Ukrainian Jewry.
- "Home : National Academy Of Sciences Of Ukraine. Kuras Institute Of Political And Ethnic Studies". Ipiend.gov.ua. 1991-12-11. Retrieved 2012-11-20.
- "Oxford Centre for Hebrew and Jewish Studies | A Recognised Independent Centre of the University of Oxford". Ochjs.ac.uk. Retrieved 2012-11-20.
- "JHS: Preprints and reprints series - preprint 53 (English)". Jewish-heritage.org. Retrieved 2012-11-20.
- "European Association for Jewish Studies - EAJS Online Directory". Eurojewishstudies.org. Retrieved 2012-11-20.
- "Alumni home - University of Oxford". Alumni.ox.ac.uk. 2012-11-16. Retrieved 2012-11-20.
- Thelondonweekly.net (1)
- Thelondonweekly.net (2)
- Thelondonweekly.net (3)