Czyz during his tenure with Virtus Roma
|PGE Turów Zgorzelec|
|Position||Small forward / Power forward|
|League||Polish Basketball League
March 3, 1990 |
|Listed height||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)|
|Listed weight||240 lb (109 kg)|
|High school||Reno (Reno, Nevada)|
|NBA draft||2012 / Undrafted|
|2012–2013||Virtus Roma (Italy)|
|2013–2014||Fort Wayne Mad Ants (D-League)|
|2014||Canton Charge (D-League)|
|2015–present||Turów Zgorzelec (Poland)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Aleksander "Olek" Czyz (born March 3, 1990) is a Polish professional basketball player who plays for PGE Turów Zgorzelec of the Polish Basketball League (PLK). He has also represented the Polish national team.
Early years and college
Czyz grew up playing basketball in Poland. He first started playing when he was 10-years-old for a club team called Prokom Trefl Gdynia. At the age of 14, he moved with his mother and sister to the United States and attended Reno High School, where he was a two-time state champion. He earned numerous scholarships to colleges around the country going into his senior year of high school. Throughout his freshman and half of his sophomore years, he played for Duke University. He transferred to the University of Nevada, Reno, where he played during the 2010–11 and 2011–12 seasons. During his junior year, he was selected for the WAC All-Newcomer team. During his senior year, he was selected for the first-team All-WAC and led the Wolf Pack to a conference championship. Czyz graduated from Nevada with a bachelor's degree in speech communications in May 2012.
In July 2013, Czyz joined the Portland Trail Blazers for the 2013 NBA Summer League. On September 30, 2013, he signed with the Milwaukee Bucks. However, he was waived by the Bucks on October 26, 2013. In November 2013, he was acquired by the Fort Wayne Mad Ants as an affiliate player. On January 2, 2014, he was traded to the Canton Charge.
On June 25, 2014, Czyz signed with Enel Brindisi of Italy for the 2014–15 season. In July 2014, he joined the NBA D-League Select Team for the 2014 NBA Summer League. Upon his arrival at Brindisi, he failed his physicals and was subsequently released on August 25, 2014.
- "53 Wolf Pack Student-Athletes Set To Graduate". University of Nevada, Reno. May 18, 2012. Retrieved February 20, 2015.
- Virtus Roma officially signs Olek Czyz
- Bucks add Junior Cadougan, Olek Czyz, Stephen Graham, Trey McKinney Jones to training camp
- Milwaukee Bucks waive Trey McKinney Jones, Olek Czyz and Stephen Graham
- Mad Ants Chose 5 in NBA D-League Draft
- Charge Acquire Czyz From Mad Ants
- Enel Brindisi tabs Olek Czyz
- Enel Brindisi lands Dejan Ivanov and Demonte Harper
- Olek Czyz didn't pass physicals with Enel Brindisi
- Olek Czyz inks with PGE Turow Zgorzelec