Kucher with Shakhtar Donetsk in 2011
|Full name||Oleksandr Mykolayovych Kucher|
|Date of birth||22 October 1982|
|Place of birth||Kiev, Soviet Union|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Defender, Midfielder|
|2002–2003||→ FC Kharkiv (loan)||14||(0)|
|2003–2004||→ Banants Yerevan (loan)||19||(3)|
|2004–2005||→ FC Kharkiv (loan)||12||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 1 August 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Oleksandr Mykolayovych Kucher (Ukrainian: Олександр Миколайович Кучер; born 22 October 1982 in Kiev, Ukraine) is a Ukrainian footballer who currently plays for Ukrainian Premier League club Shakhtar Donetsk. He is a powerful defender that has been called up to his national team. He is good in the air and provides good coverage in the back. He also can play as a defensive midfielder. In the 2007–2008 season Kucher won the Ukrainian Premier League with Shakhtar.
Oleksandr started his career with Youth Academy alumnus "Athlete" Kiev and Arsenal Kyiv, playing 59 times and scoring 5 goals. He joined Metalurh Donetsk in 2002, spending a season on loan at FC Kharkiv during the 2002–03 season, a season at Armenian side Banants Yerevan during the 2003–04 season and another spell with FC Kharkiv in the 2004–05 season. He made 26 appearances for FC Kharkiv over his two seasons on loan. He scored 3 goals in 19 appearances for Banants. Having made 9 appearances for Metalurh, Kucher moved to Metalist Kharkiv during the 2005–06 season playing 28 matches with his only two goals coming in 5–2 defeat to Chornomorets Odesa. Oleksandr joined Shakhtar Donetsk in the 2006–07 season. He made his debut for Shakhtar as a substitute in a 5–0 victory over his former club Metalist. He scored in a 4–1 victory over Metalurh Donetsk on 9 August 2009. He netted an extra time winner in the final of the 2011–12 Ukrainian Cup. Kucher scored a brace in a 3–1 victory over Dynamo Kyiv on 4 September 2012  in a man of the match performance.
Kucher made his debut for the Ukrainian national team on 15 August 2006 at the age of 23 years, 9 months and 24 days in a 6–0 friendly victory over Azerbaijan. He scored his first goal for Ukraine on 11 October 2006 in a 2–0 Euro 2008 qualifying match victory over Scotland.
Statistics for Shakhtar
- As of 13 April 2012
- Scores and results list Ukraine's goal tally first.
|1.||11 February 2006||Olimpiyskiy National Sports Complex, Kiev||Scotland||1–0||2–0||Euro 2008 qualifying|
|2.||13 November 2012||Vasil Levski Stadium, Sofia||Bulgaria||0–1||0–1||International Friendly|
- Ukrainian Premier League: 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Ukrainian Cup: 2008, 2011, 2012
- Ukrainian Super Cup: 2008, 2010, 2012
- UEFA Cup: 2009
- Oleksandr Kucher at National-Football-Teams.com
- "Olexandr Kucher: We were upset after conceding a goal before the break". Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- "Shakhtar Donetsk vs Metalurh Donetsk 4-1". Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- "Metalurh Donetsk vs Shakhtar Donetsk 1-2". Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- "Shakhtar Donetsk vs Dynamo Kyiv 3-1". Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- "Kucher named Man of the Match". Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- "Ukraine vs Scotland 2-0". Retrieved 4 September 2012.