December 5, 1959 |
Mariupol, Donetsk Oblast, Ukrainian SSR
|Net worth||$3.5 bln|
Oleksandr Yaroslavsky (Ukrainian: Олександр Ярославський; born December 5, 1959) is a Ukrainian businessman. He is the former co-owner of UkrSibbank and president of Development Construction Holding (DCH). According to Ukrainian and East European mass-media one of the richest people in Ukraine. He is also a former president of FC Metalist Kharkiv.
|This section is incomplete. (December 2012)|
Yaroslavsky was born in Mariupol. Included in the top 15 of the most affluent and influential people of Ukraine according to «Correspondent», and «Kiev Post». In 2010 Member of the Advisory Board of investors for the President of Ukraine .
The founder of one of the oldest and most powerful financial-industrial groups in the country - until 2007 DCH. The group includes companies in such sectors as finance, industry and construction.
Under his ownership FC Metalist Kharkiv established a record of Ukraine, 5 years in a row having won bronze medals in the national championship. During this period, FC Metalist participated in the UEFA Cup (since 2010 - the Europa League). Yaroslavsky sold Metalist to new owner Sergey Kurchenko late December 2012.
DCH group focuses on social investment. Even before the decision to host the Euro 2012 in the Ukraine and Poland, Oleksander Yaroslavskiy has started the modernization program for the sports infrastructure of Kharkiv - the reconstruction of the Metalist Stadium and other objects of life FC Metalist Kharkiv . The total amount of Oleksander Yaroslavskiy`s social investment in Kharkiv`s preparation for Euro-2012  - $ 288.9 million. These investments went to:
- Reconstruction of the Metalist Stadium state-private partnership with a 30% share of Oleksander Yaroslavskiy). The stadium opened on December 5, 2009   .
- Reconstruction of the International Airport "Kharkiv" (state-private partnership with a 50% share of Oleksander Yaroslavskiy). Under the project, the state finances the reconstruction of the airfield, Oleksander Yaroslavskiy finances construction and reconstruction of the terminal, an accomplishment of adjoining territory, etc. On August 28, 2010 with the participation of President Viktor Yanukovych was opened the first new terminal of international airport "Kharkiv" . This is the first private air terminal in Ukraine, first put into operation "aircraft" object of Euro 2012 and the first terminal that was built "from scratch" in the last 25 years. On September 26, 2011 was opened the renovated the old airport terminal (the historic building of mid-twentieth century). UEFA President Michel Platini cut a symbolic red ribbon. Updated terminal has a capacity of 250 persons per hour. In 2011 it is planned to commission a temporary terminal, which will receive fans.
- Construction of the first Kharkiv 5* hotel Kharkiv Palace. (100% investment of Oleksander Yaroslavskiy) . The opening is scheduled for December 5, 2011. During the Euro 2012 there will be accommodated the target group (UEFA 'family'). Here will be UEFA HQ in Kharkiv 
- Building a modern training ground of FC «Metalist», which during the Euro 2012 will be a training camp for one of the participating teams (100% investment of Oleksander Yaroslavskiy).
- Building the Children's Football Academy (100% investment of Oleksander Yaroslavskiy). During the preparation and hosting of Euro 2012 it will be used as the Volunteer Center UEFA in Kharkiv .
- Reconstruction of Dynamo Stadium, object of Euro 2012 in Kharkiv (100% investment of Oleksander Yaroslavskiy .
In 2002-2006 - People's deputy Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine of IV convocation for the Party of Greens of Ukraine. Out of politics since 2006. At the same time, according to the results of sociological research, Kharkiv citizens would like to see him as a mayor of the city .
Has a number of national awards and awards of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church. A well-known philanthropist, financed charitable projects, including supporting the activities of the fund "Rіdny Dim"
In October 2010, Oleksander Yaroslavskiy and Dmytro Firtash (owner of DF Group) entered the history of Ukrainian philanthropy, once purchasing the most expensive item during the existence of an auction in Ukraine. This is a painting by Damien Hirst (UK) "In Love", which businessmen purchased for 1.75 million euro at a charity dinner thrown by Elena Pinchuk ANTIAIDS Foundation. Money fund raised for painting, went to the expansion of the joint project of "ANTIAIDS" with the Clinton Foundation in Ukraine
He is known for friendly relations with Oleg Deripaska and Roman Abramovich. Together with the representative of the famous dynasty of Agnelli John Elkann implements the project development of youth football .
In early March 2011 the owner of the holding DCH Oleksander Yaroslavskiy sold OJSC Azot (city of Cherkasy)  to owner ofGroup DF Dmytro Firtash. The sum remains undisclosed, but at the same time, Oleksander Yaroslavskiy said that he was "satisfied". According to experts, it was $ 800 million
Earlier, on February 25, 2011, a group of DCH completed the sale of LLC "Merefa Glass Company» . The new owner of the company is a Turkish company Trkiye Şişe ve Cam Fabrikaları A.Ş. (Sisecam) on behalf of the controlling company Balsand BV. The deal amounted to about EUR 32 million based on an assessment of the company, based on the total value of the enterprise .
- New owner of FC Metalist intends to win Ukrainian Cup, ready to buy city's share in stadium, Kyiv Post (25 December 2012)
Kernes:Yaroslavsky sold Metalist in anticipation of court's decision on fixed matches, Kyiv Post (25 December 2012)
- (Russian) Александр Ярославский, Liga.net
- DCH Website (English)
- Oleksandr Yaroslavsky's profile on Korrespondent.net (Russian)
- Oleksandr Yaroslavsky's profile on file.liga.net (Russian)