Recall effort reported 1/28/14 by San Diego Union. Residents are upset and are heading up a recall of Olga Diaz.
Diaz graduated from Santa Clara Universitywhere she successfully got a Bachelor of Science and Commerce degree in accounting, and after her graduation, she was wanted by a global accounting firm called PriceWaterhouseCoopers. She continued to serve her alma mater by doing Institutional Research for it.
She is married to an Escondido police officer and owns two coffee shops in Escondido. she no longer owns The Blue Mug.
Diaz had unsuccessfully run in the 2006 city council election. She won in November 2008 with support not only from urban areas with a liberal voting pattern, but also from affluent areas that normally vote for conservatives.
Diaz's election to the council changed the majority position of the council on immigration issues. The Escondido City Council had become known as the "city without pity" for illegal immigrants. But as a result of Diaz' election, discussions about implementing controversial immigration laws ended.
- Garrick, David (October 25, 2010). "Escondido: Wikipedia deletes entry for Councilwoman Olga Diaz: Diaz deemed not 'notable' enough for online encyclopedia". North County Times. Retrieved 2010-11-02.
- "Full Biography for Olga Diaz". Smart Voter. Retrieved August 20, 2012.
- San Diego Union Tribune, November 8, 2008
- Chang, Helen Kaiao (July 24, 2009). "Eight greats: ‘Wise Latina’ leaders from San Diego". San Diego News Network. Retrieved November 2, 2010.
- North County Times, January 9, 2009
- San Diego Union-Tribune, September 11, 2008
- Florido, Adrian (July 26, 2009). "How One Vote Changed Escondido's Immigration Equation". Voice of San Diego. Retrieved November 2, 2010.
San Diego Union RECALL story 1/29/2014
- Olga Diaz at OlgaDiaz.com (official councilmember website)
|This article about a California politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|