|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2014)|
|Full name||Club Olimpo|
|Founded||15 October 1910|
|Ground||Estadio Roberto Natalio Carminatti
Bahía Blanca, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina
|Website||Club home page|
Club Olimpo, usually referred to as Olimpo de Bahía Blanca, is an Argentine sports club based in the city of Bahía Blanca, Buenos Aires Province. The club was founded on 15 October 1910, and its main activities are basketball and association football. The football team currently plays in the Primera División, the top level of the Argentine football league system.
In 1982 Olimpo played the Torneo Regional, where it lost in the Group 1 play-off to Mariano Moreno.
The team promoted to the first division for the 2002–03 season, staying until its relegation in the 2005–06 season. After winning the Apertura and Clausura of the Primera B Nacional in 2006–07 season, Olimpo returned to the first division. However, the team would be relegated during its first season back in the division, the 2007–08 season.
During the Apertura the club looked doomed to relegation again after Olimpo could only obtain 18 points in 19 games but in the Clausura the team's performances improved. On March 20, 2011, the squad beat Boca Juniors at the "Bombonera" for the first time in the club's history. As a consequence of this, Olimpo left the relegation zone, also becoming sole leaders of the championship for the first time in the team's history.
Current squad of Club Olimpo as of February 26, 2015 (
Sources: Argentine Soccer
Manager: Walter Perazzo
Notable former players
- Gustavo Alfaro (1 July 2001–30 June 02)
- Julio César Falcioni (1 July 2002–30 June 03)
- Gregorio Pérez (1 July 2004–30 June 05)
- Omar Labruna (1 Jan 2005–31 Dec 06)
- Leonardo Madelón (1 July 2006–30 June 07)
- Guillermo Rivarola (13 June 2007–26 Sept 07)
- Roberto Saporiti (1 Jan 2008–0?)
- Omar De Felippe (4 April 2009–21 Nov 11)
- Héctor Rivoira (3 Nov 2011–1 April 12)
- Walter Perazzo (5 April 2012–)
- "Club Olimpo De Bahía Blanca". Soccerway. Global Sports Media. Retrieved January 16, 2013.
- Pablo Ciullin (21 July 2011). "Torneo Regional 1982". RSSSF. Retrieved 8 May 2013.
- Game of the week – Boca 0–2 Olimpo
- Clausura 2011 Fecha 6
- "Club Olimpo de Bahía Blanca: Trophies". Soccerway. Global Sports Media. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Club Olimpo.|