Oliver D. Crisp
Oliver D. Crisp is a British theologian who currently works as a professor of systematic theology at Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, California. Crisp was, until 2011, a reader in divinity at Bristol University in the United Kingdom. He specializes in analytic theology, philosophical theology, and historical theology. His historical work focuses on eighteenth- and nineteenth-century American Reformed theologians, including Jonathan Edwards and William Shedd. His constructive work has, to date, primarily been in the areas of Christology and hamartiology.
He earned his Bachelor's degree and Masters of Theology from the University of Aberdeen. He received his Ph.D from the University of London in 2003. His thesis focused on the philosophical theology of Jonathan Edwards, and was supervised by Paul Helm.
He is the author or editor of seven books and has written numerous articles in theology. The covers of Crisp's singly authored works often feature his own art.
- Revisioning Christology : Theology in the Reformed Tradition by Oliver Crisp; Farnham: Ashgate, 2011. ISBN 978-1-4094-3005-6
- Retrieving Doctrine : Essays in Reformed Theology by Oliver Crisp; Downers Grove, Ill: IVP Academic, 2010. ISBN 978-0-8308-3928-5
- God Incarnate : Explorations in Christology by Oliver Crisp; New York: T & T Clark, 2009. ISBN 978-0-567-03348-2
- A Reader in Contemporary Philosophical Theology edited by Oliver Crisp; New York: T & T Clark, 2009. ISBN 978-0-567-03146-4
- Analytic Theology : New Essays in the Philosophy of Theology, edited by Oliver Crisp and Michael Rea; New York: Oxford University Press, 2009. ISBN 978-0-19-960042-7
- Divinity and Humanity : The Incarnation Reconsidered by Oliver Crisp. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2007. ISBN 978-0-521-69535-0
- An American Augustinian : Sin and Salvation in the Dogmatic Theology of William G. T. Shedd by Oliver Crisp; Eugene, OR: Wipf & Stock, 2007. ISBN 978-1-84227-526-9
- Jonathan Edwards and the metaphysics of sin by Oliver Crisp; Burlington, VT: Ashgate Pub, 2005. ISBN 978-0-7546-3896-4