Zaugg at the 2011 Tour de Romandie
|Full name||Oliver Zaugg|
9 May 1981 |
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Weight||56 kg (123 lb)|
|Current team||Team Tinkoff-Saxo|
|Rider type||Climbing specialist|
|Giro di Lombardia (2011)|
|Infobox last updated on
5 January 2014
Oliver Zaugg (born 9 May 1981) is a Swiss professional road bicycle racer for UCI ProTeam Team Tinkoff-Saxo. He has previously ridden for Saunier Duval-Prodir, Gerolsteiner, Liquigas and Leopard Trek.
Zaugg won his first major race in 2011, the Giro di Lombardia. He attacked on the Villa Vergano climb with 10 kilometers to go, soloing on to victory. He was chased relentlessly by the leading group, but the chasers could not get to him. He crossed the finish line in Lecco with an advantage of 15 seconds over his nearest rival, Daniel Martin of Garmin-Cervélo. In 2012, he tried to defend his title at the Giro di Lombardia and put in a great performance, finishing in the chase group in eighth position as Joaquim Rodriguez (Team Katusha) claimed the victory.
- 7th Overall Ruta Del Sol
- 8th Tour d'Emilie
- 15th Overall Vuelta a España
- 8th GP Kanton Aargau
- 11th Overall Vuelta a España
- 15th Overall Tour de Suisse
- 1st Stage 1b (TTT) Settimana internazionale di Coppi e Bartali
- 4th Overall Vuelta a Burgos
- 1st Giro di Lombardia
- 8th Gran Premio Bruno Beghelli
- 9th Tour d'Emilie
- 8th Giro di Lombardia
- "2011 Giro di Lombardia winner Zaugg to Saxo Bank – Tinkoff Bank". VeloNation (VeloNation LLC). 20 September 2012. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- "Oliver Zaugg earns first major win in Giro di Lombardia". Universal Sports (Associated Press). 15 October 2011. Retrieved 15 October 2011.
- Daniel Friebe (15 October 2011). "Zaugg solos to win in Lombardia". Cyclingnews.com (Future plc). Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- Daniel Benson (29 September 2012). "Rodríguez wins Giro di Lombardia". Cyclingnews.com (Future plc). Retrieved 1 October 2012.
Media related to Oliver Zaugg at Wikimedia Commons