Oliver de la Paz
Oliver de la Paz is the author of three collections of poetry, most recently Furious Lullaby (Southern Illinois University Press], 2007), and he has a new collection forthcoming, Requiem for the Orchard (University of Akron Press, 2010), winner of the Akron Prize for Poetry. His honors include a 2005 New York Foundation for the Arts Fellowship Award and a 2009 GAP Grant from Artist Trust. His work has appeared in literary journals and magazines including Virginia Quarterly Review,  North American Review, Tin House, Chattahoochee Review, and in anthologies such as Asian American Poetry: The Next Generation (University of Illinois Press, 2004).
de la Paz was born in Manila, Philippines and raised in Ontario, Oregon. He earned a B.S. in Biology and a B.A. in English from Loyola Marymount University, and an M.F.A. in Creative Writing from Arizona State University. He teaches at Western Washington University, and co-chairs the advisory board of Kundiman (nonprofit organization), a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the promotion of Asian American Poetry.
- Requiem for the Orchard (University of Akron Press, 2010)
- Furious Lullaby (Southern Illinois University Press, 2007)
- Names Above Houses (Southern Illinois University Press, 2001)
- Author Page > Southern Illinois University Press > Furious Lullaby
- Author Page > University of Akron Press > Requiem for the Orchard
- New York Foundation for the Arts > 2005 NYFA Fellows & Panelists
- Artist Trust > 2009 GAP Grant Recipient Profiles
- Virginia Quarterly Review > Winter 2008 > Nocturne with a Dictator by Oliver de la Paz
- From the Fishouse > Oliver de la Paz Bio
- Western Washington University > English Department > Faculty
- Kundiman Website > Who We Are
- Author Page > Southern Illinois University Press > Oliver de la Paz