|Occupation||Soul Cycle instructor in New York City and manager of MyFitspiration.com|
|Known for||The Biggest Loser Winner|
Olivia Ward (born 23 October 1975) is an American reality television personality and the winner of season 11 of The Biggest Loser, which was the fourth season of couples on the TV reality show. Ward competed on the purple team alongside her sister, Hannah Curlee, in which they became the final two together.
Early life and education
She was born in Pascagoula, Mississippi. She is the eldest of four siblings. Her family subsequently moved to Houston, Texas, where she attended Langham Creek High School though her junior year. She spent her senior year at, and graduated from, Baker High School in Mobile County, Alabama in 1994. Ward earned a degree in vocal performance from the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa in 1998. She earned master's degrees in voice and in opera performance from the New England Conservatory in Boston, Massachusetts in 2002.
Ward has worked as a manager at a plastic surgery office.
The Biggest Loser
Ward's motivation for being on The Biggest Loser was the fact that her weight, which had climbed to over 261 pounds, combined with a diagnosis of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, meant she would likely never have children if she didn't lose a significant amount of weight. She felt her obesity was a reason she had not received many opera singing roles. Her teammate was her sister Hannah Curlee, who is three years younger than she. Ward won the Biggest Loser Season 11 on 24 May 2011 and Hannah placed second.
Ward was a mezzo-soprano opera singer. Ward's operatic work includes appearances with Ash-Lawn Highland Opera, Chautauqua Opera, Las Vegas Opera, Mobile Opera, Nashville Opera Association, and Nevada Opera. She appeared in the Music City Community Chorus and in their Operalooza! in Nashville, Tennessee. She appeared in the Nashville Symphony, Virginia Symphony Orchestra, and the Chattanooga Symphony and Opera. By 2007, she had begun attracting regional operatic and orchestral attention. Ward played Mrs. Baines in the opera Elmer Gantry.
- "Olivia Ward". Music City Community Chorus. Retrieved 18 May 2011.
- "About The Biggest Loser". WHO TV. Retrieved 18 May 2011.
- Huff, Richrd (14 December 2010). "'The Biggest Loser Couples' returns with Jillian Michaels, two new trainers and an opera singer". New York Daily News. Retrieved 19 May 2011.
- "‘Biggest Loser’ Exclusive — Winner Olivia Ward… Half My Weight!". OK Magazine. 25 May 2011. Retrieved 25 May 2011.
- "Olivia Ward". Buddy TV. Retrieved 18 May 2011.
- "The Biggest Loser 2011: Olivia Ward". TV Grapevine. Retrieved 18 May 2011.
- "Four Guest Soloists Set For Music City Community Chorus Performance". Church Report online. 27 September 2010. Retrieved 18 May 2011.