Olympus OM-D E-M1
||Micro Four Thirds system
||4/3 type MOS ('Live MOS sensor'), no AA filter
|Image sensor size
||17.3 x 13 mm, Four Thirds Live MOS
||4608 x 3456 (16.0 megapixels)
||Micro Four Thirds system mount
||no built-in flash, compact flash included, hot-shoe on the body
||Mechanical shutter / Electronic shutter
|Shutter speed range
||60 - 1/8000 sec.
Shutter, Program AE, Manual (w/ Focus Peaking), iAuto, Bulb, Time, Scene Select, Art Filter
||Multiple, Center-Weighted, Spot
||Contrast Detect (sensor), Phase Detect, Multi-area, Center, Selective single-point, Tracking, Single, Continuous, Touch, Face Detection, Live View
||40 RAW images at 10.0 fps with focus locked; 45 RAW images at 6.0 fps with continuous AF
||built-in 2.36MP (w/ Auto Luminance, 100% coverage)
||7 presets, with custom modes
||H.264 / Motion JPG, 1920 x 1080 (30fps), 1280 x 720 (30fps), 640 x 480 (30fps)
|Rear LCD monitor
||tilting 3 inch, 1,037,000 dots (upwards: 80˚, downwards: 50˚)
||SD /SDHC / SDXC
||BLN-1 lithium-ion (CIPA 350)
||130 mm × 94 mm × 63 mm (5.13 × 3.68 × 2.48 inches)
||Approx. 497 g (17.5 oz)
The Olympus OM-D E-M1 Micro Four Thirds is Olympus' compact mirrorless interchangeable lens camera introduced on September 10, 2013 featuring a built-in on sensor phase detection.
As of October 2014, it has the highest camera sensor rating of any Olympus camera, according to DxO Labs, with a score of 73.
- Sensor: 16MP Live MOS sensor, no Anti-aliasing filter
- Buffer for 40 RAW images at 10 frames per second with focus locked or 45 RAW images at 6 frame per second with continuous autofocus.
- Image stabilization: Olympus 5-axis image stabilization
- True Pix VII processor with lens correction
- ISO range: 200 - 25600, with "LOW ISO 100"
- Manual focus with focus peaking
- Focus points
- 81 in contrast detection autofocus mode
- 37 in phase detection autofocus mode
- In-camera HDR
- Flash: no built-in flash, small external flash included
- Flash sync: 1/320 sec.
- HD video capture, including 1080i at 30 fps and 720p at 60 fps
- Built-in wifi: 802.11 b/g/n for remote shooting (smartphone, tablet)
- Weather sealing: dust, splash, freeze resistance (-10˚C)
- Customizable buttons: 2 on the front
- Built-in microphone socket
- Ports: AP2 accessory port, AV/USB, HDMI connector
- ^ http://www.dxomark.com/Cameras/Ratings
- ^ Olympus OM-D E-M1 Review at DPREVIEW: Performance