Omaha Ak-Sar-Ben Knights
- "Omaha Flames" redirects here. For information on the defunct PDL franchise, see Omaha Flames (soccer); for the future North American League team, see Omaha Flame.
|Omaha Ak-Sar-Ben Knights|
|League||American Hockey League|
|Home arena||Omaha Civic Auditorium|
Red, black, gold and silver
|1993–2003||Saint John Flames|
|2005–2007||Omaha Ak-Sar-Ben Knights|
|2007–2009||Quad City Flames|
|2014 to present||Adirondack Flames|
|Division Championships||One (2006–07)|
The Omaha Ak-Sar-Ben Knights were a professional ice hockey team in the American Hockey League. They played in Omaha, Nebraska, USA at the Omaha Civic Auditorium from 2005–07. Following the 2006–07 season, the Calgary Flames announced that the team would relocate to the Quad Cities for 2007–08.
In 2005, the AHL franchise of the Calgary Flames (the Saint John Flames, which existed from 1993–2003) was reestablished in Omaha. The Ak-Sar-Ben part of the team's name comes from the Knights of Ak-Sar-Ben, an Omaha civic organization, whose logo was integrated into the insignia of the team and was a partner with the Omaha organization. Ak-Sar-Ben, which is "Nebraska" spelled backwards, was also the name of the arena of the original Omaha Knights. The team logo was shown with identical flame marks as the Calgary Flames' logo.
Following two difficult seasons at the gate, rumors swirled around both Omaha and the Quad Cities that the Flames would relocate their affiliate to the latter region, which was at the time served by the Quad City Mallards of the United Hockey League.  The Calgary Flames, and Quad City Mallards confirmed the move on May 24, 2007. The team is currently located in Abbotsford, British Columbia.
|2005–06||80||35||31||3||11||206||221||84||6th, West||Out of playoffs|
|2006–07||80||49||25||5||1||214||189||104||1st, West||Lost 1st round, 4–2, Iowa Stars|
- Goals: 28 Carsen Germyn (2006–07)
- Assists: 43 Andrei Taratukhin (2006–07)
- Points: 60 Dustin Boyd, Carsen Germyn & Andrei Taratukhin (2006–07)
- Penalty minutes: 294 Brandon Prust (2005–06)
- Plus/minus: +27 David Van Der Gulik (2006–07)
- Wins: 35 Curtis McElhinney (2006–07)
- Shutouts: 7 Curtis McElhinney (2006–07)
- GAA: 2.13 Curtis McElhinney (2006–07)
- SV%: .917 Curtis McElhinney (2006–07)
- Career goals: 52 Carsen Germyn
- Career assists: 63 Carsen Germyn
- Career points: 115 Carsen Germyn
- Career penalty minutes: 505 Brandon Prust
- Career goaltending wins: 44 Curtis McElhinney
- Career shutouts: 10 Curtis McElhinney
- Career games: 156 Warren Peters
- Craig MacDonald 2005–06
- No captain; (Carsen Germyn, Warren Peters & Brad Ference serve as alternates) 2006–07
- Calgary Flames (2005-2007)
- (2007) FLAMES ANNOUNCE RELOCATION OF AMERICAN HOCKEY LEAGUE FRANCHISE TO THE QUAD CITIES (MOLINE, IL). Calgary Flames Franchise website. Retrieved 6/7/07.