||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2013)|
|Born||Omar Rafael Chaparro Alvidrez
November 26, 1974
Chihuahua, Chihuahua, Mexico
Omar Rafael Chaparro Alvidrez is a Mexican actor and media personality.
Chaparro was born in Chihuahua, and began his career in 1996 in Chihuahua, Mexico, in the radio program Los visitantes with his friend Perico Padilla and, where he created many of his famous characters such as La Licenciada, Chole Ramos and La Yuyis Montanegra. Because of the success of this radio program, he was invited to make a TV show at the local TV station of Chihuahua, that TV show was named Los Visitantes (The Visitors).
Chaparro traveled to Mexico City looking for a better opportunity and heauditioned to many TV shows and TV networks, but it is from Telehit that he received his first opportunity and in 2001 started the TV show Black and White with his folks Perico and Rafita Valderrama.
On August 25, 2001, Chaparro married Lucia Ruiz de la Peña; they have three children, Andrea, Omar Emiliano and Sofia.
In September 2003 Chaparro joined Big Brother VIP 2, where he stayed 64 days. He was the champion, obtaining an absolute majority with 64% of the votes, becoming the first man to win a reality show in Mexico.
In March 2004, the TV show No Manches was released on Channel 5 of Televisa, started by Chaparro, No Manches was a family variety-show, with jokes, characters and musical guests, which had international guests such as Robbie Williams, Shakira, Hanson and Thalía among others.
In July of that year Chaparro traveled to Greece to the Olympic Games, with Televisa's team, making comedy.
In that year Chaparro made his debut in movies in the film Puños Rosas playing the part of Chuy. He also did the voice for the character Syndrome in the Spanish-language dub of the film The Incredibles.
In July 2005 he won second place in the contest "Festival Original Cantado y Unico", and in November of that year he won first place on the reality show Bailando por México (dancing for Mexico) again obtaining an absolute majority with 50% of the votes.
In that year he also debuted as an entrepreneur, releasing his own line of clothes, under the name "Bros Club"; it is exclusively available in Sears Mexico.
On December 2005 Chaparro opened his restaurant-bar "Bros Club" in Chihuahua, México.
In January 2006, he joined to the reality show Cantando por un sueño (Singing for a dream) getting fifth place, he also was host of the contest TV show Buenas Tardes. In that year Chaparro was also invited to play in some episodes of the soap opera La fea mas bella.
In June 2006, he traveled again with the Televisa's team to the World Cup in Germany, to make comedy sketches.
He made the dub into Spanish of the movie Hoodwinked (Buza Caperuza in Spanish)
In September of this year, Chaparro debuted as showman, releasing his own show which he wrote by himself, taking his show to many cities of Mexico and USA, .."Omar Chaparro el Show", a family show in which Chaparro introduces his famous characters jokes and music
In February 2007, Chaparro is included in the book Televisa Presenta to celebrate the 50 Televisa's Anniversary
On May 15, 2007, Chaparro debuted as actor on TV, in the TV show Sexo y otros secretos (sex and other secrets), Mexican version of the American TV show Sex and the City.
In July 2007, Chaparro appeared in the summer edition of the magazine TV y novelas Mexico Piel de estrellas (skin of stars)
On Sept 2008, Chaparro was hired by Telefutura the sister station of Univision, to conduct his own show.
Omar in the radio
- Los Visitantes (1996–1999)
- Ya Párate (2002- until now)
- The visitors (1999)
- Black and White (2001–2004)
- No Manches (2004–2006)
- Buenas Tardes (2006)
- Sexo y otros Secretos (sex and other secrets) (2007)
- Los diez primeros (the top ten) (2008)
- ¿Qué dice la gente? (2008)
- Sabadazo (2008–Present)
- Big Brother VIP 2 (2003 1st place)
- Festival Original Cantado y unico (2005 second place)
- Bailando por México (2005 1st place)
- Bailando por el Teleton (2005 second place)
- Guerra de Villancicos (2005 second place)
- Cantando por un sueño (2006 fifth place)
- Puños Rosas (2004) as Chuy
- The Incredibles (2004) as Syndrome
- Hoodwinked (Buza Caperuza) (2006) as the Grandmother
- Kung Fu Panda (2008) as the Po, the Panda
- Pulling Strings (2013) as "Canicas"
- Salon 21 Concierto OV7 (2002)
- XHDRBZ (2003)
- La Jaula (2003)
- No te hagas guey con el Teleton(2003)
- Athens Summer Olympic Games (2004)
- Oye Awards (2004)
- No te hagas guey con el Teleton (2004)
- Teleton (2004)
- Celebremos México(2005)
- La fea mas bella (2006)
- La jugada del mundial (Germany World Cup 2006)
- Plaza Sesamo (2006)
- El amor hace milagros (Teleton's video 2006)
- El juicio del Teleton (2006)
- Teleton 2006
- Una bella navidad para la fea (2006)
- La Flor de Tabasco
- Tv y novelas awards (2007)
- La cena de los idiotas (2005)
- Big Brother Vip (2003)
- Ya Parate (2005)
- Cantando por un Sueño CD+DVD (2006)
- Pepsi (2004)
- Sabritas (2005)
- Embarrados Canal 5 (2005)
- Instituto Federal Electoral (2005)
- Helados Holanda (2006)
- El Canal de las estrellas (2006)
- Tarjeta 40 principales(2006)
- Campaña México es de todos (2006)
- Pedro tu eres la estrella, Homenage to Pedro Infante (2007)
- esmas.com biography
- Omar Chaparro's official website