Cummings with Colorado in 2010
|Full name||Omar Cummings|
|Date of birth||13 July 1982|
|Place of birth||Old Harbour, Jamaica|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|2003–2004||Cincinnati State College|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of January 15, 2015.
† Appearances (Goals).
Omar Cummings (born 13 July 1982) is a Jamaican international footballer who is currently without a club.
Youth and amateur
Cummings was selected by the Colorado Rapids in the 2007 MLS SuperDraft as a Round 3, number 31 overall pick. On 4 September 2010, Cummings scored two goals to help the Rapids to a 3–0 victory over Chivas USA at Dick's Sporting Goods Park. The performance led to him being voted as Major League Soccer Player of the Week for Week 23 of the MLS season by the North American Soccer Reporters (NASR). On 27 December 2010, it was announced that the Colorado Rapids had granted Cummings permission to trial with English Premier League club Aston Villa. On 17 January 2011, Aston Villa manager Gérard Houllier announced that Cummings had impressed on the trial. Due to work permit issues, a deal did not proceed.
Having returned to play for Colorado again in 2010, Cummings made his 100th MLS appearance for the Rapids on April 30, 2010, in a game against Chicago Fire.
- As of 30 March 2011
|1||November 9, 2008||Truman Bodden Stadium, George Town, Cayman Islands||Cayman Islands||
|2||November 19, 2008||Independence Park, Kingston, Jamaica||Canada||
||2010 FIFA World Cup qualification|
|3||July 10, 2009||FIU Stadium, Miami, United States||El Salvador||
||2009 CONCACAF Gold Cup|
|4||September 7, 2010||Lockhart Stadium, Fort Lauderdale, United States||Peru||
|5||December 5, 2010||Stade d'Honneur de Dillon, Fort-de-France, Martinique||Guadeloupe||
||2010 Caribbean Championship|
|6||March 29, 2011||Estadio Cuscatlán, San Salvador, El Salvador||El Salvador||
|7||September 2, 2011||Quito, Ecuador||Ecuador||
- "Profile". University of Cincinnati Athletics official website. Retrieved 1 January 2011.
- "Profile". Colorado Rapids official website. Retrieved 1 January 2011.
- Joshua Mayer (6 September 2010). "Colorado's Omar Cummings named MLS Player of the Week". Seattle Times. Retrieved 1 January 2011.
- German Sferra (27 December 2010). "Cummings to train with EPL's Aston Villa". Colorado Rapids official website. Retrieved 1 January 2011.
- "Colorado Rapids striker Omar Cummings impresses Villa". BBC Sport. 17 January 2011. Retrieved 17 January 2011.
- German Sferra (18 January 2011). "Work permit issues end Cummings' EPL stay". Colorado Rapids official website. Retrieved 18 January 2011.
- RSSF – Jamaica International Matches Details 1998–2010
- German Sferra (January 17, 2012). "Rapids have four International roster slots available". Colorado Rapids. Retrieved November 13, 2014.