Omar Khan (administrator)
|Date of birth:||February 1977 (age 37)|
|High school:||Archbishop Rummel High School '94 (Metarie, LA)|
|New Orleans Saints football operations
Pittsburgh Steelers Football Administration Coordinator
Pittsburgh Steelers Director of Football Administration
Career highlights and awards
Khan is the child of immigrant parents — his mother is a native of Honduras and his father is from India. He was born and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana. After graduating 1994 from Archbishop Rummel High School in Metairie, he matriculated to Tulane University from which he earned a degree in Sports Management with a minor in Business Administration in 31⁄2 years.
As a student, Khan worked with the Tulane football team as an Undergraduate Assistant. Following his time with the Tulane Football program, Khan served as a Scouting/Personnel Intern with the New Orleans Saints. Once he graduated in 1997, he was brought on in a full-time role by the Saints. He worked his way up the ladder in New Orleans by diligently handling anything that was asked of him.
- "Saints open preseason with Hall of Fame game against Pittsburgh Steelers" (PDF) (Press release). New Orleans Saints. August 5, 2007. Retrieved 2009-02-20.
- "Rummel alum Omar Khan, ’94, seeking to keep Steelers "super"" (PDF). Archbishop Rummel High School. February 2009. Retrieved 2009-02-20.
- "Front Office". Pittsburgh Steelers. Retrieved July 31, 2011.
- "Steelers hire Khan as chief negotiator". Sports Illustrated/AP. February 14, 2001. Retrieved 2009-02-20.
- "Steelers front office has Crescent City connection". New Orleans Times-Picayune. February 8, 2009. Retrieved 2009-02-20.
|This biographical article relating to an American football player, coach, or other figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|