Omar Treviño Morales
|Omar Treviño Morales|
January 26, 1974 |
Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas, Mexico
Óscar Treviño Morales
Comandante Forty Two
Alejandro Treviño Morales
|Occupation||Drug trafficking, murder, money laundering, kidnapping|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight||240 lb (110 kg)|
|Predecessor||Miguel Treviño Morales|
|Relatives||Miguel Treviño Morales (Brother)
Jose Treviño Morales (Brother)
$5 million USD reward in U.S.A.
Óscar Omar Treviño Morales (born January 26, 1974) is the current leader of the Mexican criminal organization known as Los Zetas and one of Mexico's most-wanted drug lords. He is the brother of former drug lord Miguel Treviño Morales. The authorities believe he is the successor of his brother, who was arrested on July 15, 2013.
Omar is allegedly responsible for several abductions and murders committed in Nuevo Laredo between 2005 and 2006 and the supply source for multi-kilogram loads of cocaine smuggled from Mexico to the United States.
He is charged in a 2008 federal indictment in the U.S. District of Columbia, and the U.S. Department of State is currently offering a reward of up to $5 million USD for information leading to his arrest and/or conviction.
- Castillo García, Gustavo (21 June 2012). "Identifica la PGR al tercero en importancia de Los Zetas". La Jornada (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 14 November 2012. Retrieved 24 October 2012.
- "México ofrece millonarias recompensas por 37 líderes del narco". Univision (in Spanish). 23 March 2009. Archived from the original on 27 September 2012. Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- "Narcotics Rewards Program: Alejandro Trevino-Morales". United States Department of State. Archived from the original on 4 October 2012. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- "Omar Treviño, el Z 42, se perfila como cabecilla Zeta". Univision (in Spanish). 16 July 2013. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- Starr, Penny (14 April 2009). "DEA Names Eleven 'Most Wanted' Mexican Fugitives Sought by U.S.". Cybercast News Service. Archived from the original on 4 October 2012. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- "DEA Fugitive: TREVINO-MORALES, ALEJANDRO". Drug Enforcement Administration. Archived from the original on 4 October 2012. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- "Acuerdo específico por el que se ofrece recompensa a quien o quienes proporcionen información relevante y útil, que auxilie eficientemente para la localización y detención de las personas que en el mismo se indican" (in Spanish). Office of the General Prosecutor. 23 March 2009. Archived from the original on 4 October 2012. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
|This crime-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Mexican biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|