From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the locality. For the electorate, see Omata (New Zealand electorate).
|District||New Plymouth District|
The area was the site of the Omata Stockade, built to house soldiers during tensions at the time of the First Taranaki War in 1860–61, and is near the site of the Battle of Waireka on 28 March 1860.
Main article: Omata (New Zealand electorate)
- "Place Name Detail: Omata". New Zealand Geographic Placenames Database. Land Information New Zealand. Retrieved 30 October 2007.
- Peter Dowling (editor) (2004). Reed New Zealand Atlas. Reed Books. pp. map 34. ISBN 0-7900-0952-8.
- Roger Smith, GeographX (2005). The Geographic Atlas of New Zealand. Robbie Burton. pp. map 84. ISBN 1-877333-20-4.
- Quickstats about Omata
- "The New Zealand Wars" by James Cowan, 1922, chapter 19.
- "Te Kete Ipurangi - Omata School". Ministry of Education.
- "Jubilees & reunions: Omata-Hurford School 150th Jubilee" ([dead link] – Scholar search). Education Gazette New Zealand 81 (20). 4 November 2002.
|This Taranaki geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|