Omen (record producer)
|Birth name||Sidney Brown|
|Also known as||Omen|
|Born||August 21, 1976|
|Origin||Harlem, New York, United States|
|Genres||Hip hop, R&B|
|Instruments||Keyboard, drum machine, sampler|
|Labels||Elaborate Musik Recordings / Weerai Music Company, LLC|
|Associated acts||Ludacris, Fabolous|
Sidney Brown (born August 21, 1976), better known as Omen is a American music producer from Harlem. He has produced for artists such as Drake, Lil Wayne, Ludacris, Fabolous, Vado, Memphis Bleek, Redman, Keith Murray, Immortal Technique, and Amil. Omen's production facility is currently housed in Harlem recording studio Stadium Red, recent home of producer Just Blaze.
Early life and career
Omen's production was featured on early Roc-A-Fella releases by Memphis Bleek and Amil. Omen produced "Everybody" from Memphis Bleek's debut album Coming of Age and "No 1 Can Compare" from Amil's debut album All Money Is Legal.
Further placements include "Change Your or Change Me" and "Why Wouldn't I" from Fabolous's Street Dreams, "Taste This" from Mýa's Mood Ring, and "Swagga Back" from Keith Murray's Def Jam debut He's Keith Murray.
Commercial breakthrough and Grammy award
In 2006 Omen produced "Tell It Like It Is" for Ludacris which appeared as the b-side to the single "Money Maker." "Tell It Like It Is" was featured on Ludacris's double album Release Therapy, which won the 2007 Grammy Award for Best Rap Album, thus earning Omen his first Grammy award and certificate.
Thank Me Later
Through Omen’s collaborations with Canadian music producer Noah "40" Shebib, he was introduced to Drake who recorded the song "Shut It Down"  featuring The-Dream, for his highly anticipated album Thank Me Later.
Further co-production with Noah "40" Shebib led Omen to co-produce Lil Wayne’s "I'm Single" featured on No Ceilings. The video for "I'm Single" premiered on MTV2 on April 18th, 2010. "I'm Single" was also released on iTunes on May 11th, 2010. I'm Single was officially released on Lil Wayne's I'm Not A Human Being album, which reached #1 on the Billboard 200.
- "Applause" by Omen and the Elaborate Musik Orchestra featuring XV, 4IZE, Ashton Travis and Jigsaw Tha Puzzla 
- "Get Back" by Diggy Simmons, Ashton Travis, and Mike Jaggerr from Black Hero Theme Musik
- "Negro Spiritual" by Mickey Factz, Ashton Travis, Nickelus F, Luckie Day, and The C3 Choir from Black Hero Theme Musik
- "All For Me" by XV, Vado, Cyhi Da Prynce, and Erin Christine from Zero Heroes
- http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2010/03/22/22152648.aspx AllHipHop. Accessed on June 2nd, 2010
- http://blog.istandardproducers.com/tag/westward-productions Istandard Producers Blog. Accessed on February 4th, 2010
- http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/958879/new-drake-song-titled-shut-it-down-leaks AllHipHop. Accessed on March 22nd, 2010
- http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1637274/20100416/lil_wayne.jhtml MTV. Accessed on April 18th, 2010
- http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/im-single-single/id370580324 iTunes. Accessed May 11th, 2010
- http://music-mix.ew.com/2010/10/20/lil-wayne-no-1-billboard-200/ Accessed October 22nd, 2010