8 August 1984 |
Kotma Colliery, Anuppur
Madhya Pradesh, India
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||70 kg (154 lb)|
|Updated on 17 July 2013.|
Omkar Singh (Hindi: ओमकार सिंह, born 8 August 1984) is an Indian sports shooter. He won three gold medals and a silver medal in shooting events at the 2010 Commonwealth Games held in Delhi. He hails from Anuppur district of Madhya Pradesh and is currently serving the Indian Navy.
On 5 October 2010, Omkar Singh and Deepak Sharma won a silver medal in the Men's 50 metre pistol pairs at the Commonwealth games. Omkar Singh won his first gold medal in the Men's 50 metre pistol singles on 6 October 2010. The next day, he paired up with Gurpreet Singh to win the gold medal in the Men's 10m Air Pistol (Pairs). On 8 October 2010, he won a gold medal in the Men's 10m Air Pistol (Single).
- "Shooter Omkar targeting Olympic berth". The Indian Express. 8 February 2011. Retrieved 17 July 2013.
- Indian shooters hit the target: Sports : India Today
- Shooter Omkar Singh wins 20th CWG gold for India Shooter Omkar Singh wins 20th CWG gold for India. 8 October 2010. The Times of India.
- Phiroze L. Vincent. Shooting stars. The Hindu, 21 October 2010.
- "Navy marksman Omkar gets due recognition". The Hindu. 31 August 2012. Retrieved 17 July 2013.
|This biographical article relating to sport shooting in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|