|Traded as||NASDAQ: OVTI|
|Founder(s)||Lin Hsueh Cheng
Chiu Chih Chung
|Headquarters||Santa Clara, California, U.S.|
|Key people||Shaw Hong (CEO and President)
Anson Chan (CFO)
|Products||CMOS Image sensors|
|Employees||1300 (2009) |
OmniVision Technologies Inc. is a corporation that designs and develops digital imaging products. Headquartered in Santa Clara, California, OmniVision Technologies has offices in the USA, Western Europe and Asia, including a design center and testing facility in Shanghai, China. The company supplies Apple Inc. with the back-illuminated CMOS sensor found in the iPhone 4's backside camera.
In August 2011, OmniVision announced that it was working on a sensor that would allow smartphone cameras to be even smaller.
- "Corporate Fact Sheet". 2010. Retrieved 24 September 2010.
- "OmniVision Locations". Retrieved 13 September 2010.
- Pamela Tufegdzic (3 September 2010). "iPhone 4 Drives Adoption of BSI Image Sensors in Smart Phones". iSupply. Retrieved 18 September 2010.
- Michael R. Tomkins (28 March 2005). "OmniVision acquires CDM Optics". The Imaging Resource. Retrieved 25 September 2010.
- Joshua Goldman, CNET. "Will this sensor power your next smartphone's camera?" August 5, 2011. Retrieved August 5, 2011.