Omni Consumer Products (company)
Omni Consumer Products, founded in 2006 by graphic designer Pete Hottelet, is a company that creates "real-world" versions of certain products created in movies. The company takes its name from the fictional corporation of the same name featured in the RoboCop movie and television franchise. The company's products include a "Brawndo" beverage inspired by Idiocracy, "Stay Puft Caffeinated Gourmet Marshmallows" inspired by Ghostbusters, and a "Tru Blood" beverage inspired by HBO's True Blood series. The company also has licensed the rights to produce and market "Sex Panther", a Eau de Cologne in Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy. For a few months in 2009, Omni Consumer Products was a sponsor of Kevin Smith and Scott Mosier's podcast, SModcast.
- Walker, Rob (2008-05-04). "This Joke’s for You". Consumed (The New York Times). Retrieved 2009-07-16.
- Itzkoff, Dave (2009-07-28). "Cheers: ‘True Blood,’ the Beverage". Arts (The New York Times). Retrieved 2009-07-16.
- "RoboCop fans raise $50,000 for giant statue to stand guard over Detroit". Daily Mail (London). 2011-02-20.
- Official website
- New York Magazine Review of Tru Blood Beverage
- NBC Review of Tru Blood Drink
- Sex Panther Cologne Web Site
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|