||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (April 2011)|
OmniCircus Theatre was founded in 1988 by artist Frank Garvey. OmniCircus is a gallery and performance art space located in the heart of San Francisco’s SoMa district and home to Garvey’s performance ensemble, (also called OmniCircus), as well a permanent installation of his films, paintings, sculptures, music, photos, and robots. The OmniCircus shows integrate live acting, music, and dance with sophisticated mechanical actors and midi-controlled, computer animated (VIRpt) performers.
- Electric Word, Wired Magazine, Alan Rapp, Oct 1994
- Circus Roboticus, Salon.com, Mark Gimein, Sep 27, 1999
- Mr. Roboto: Frank Garvey commands a troupe of radical robots, Andrew Druckenbrod, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Mar 4, 2001
- World's End, SF Weekly, Michael Leaverton, Oct 26, 2005
- The Center for Robotic and Synthetic Performance, The Robotics Institu
- OmniCircus website