Omphoy Ocean Resort
|Omphoy Ocean Resort|
|Address||2842 South Ocean Boulevard
Palm Beach, Florida, United States
|Number of rooms||134|
Omphoy Ocean Resort is a luxury hotel that opened in Palm Beach, Florida, United States during the summer of 2009. The Omphoy is the first new hotel development in Palm Beach since 1990. The luxury hotel features two restaurants by James Beard Foundation Award winner Michelle Bernstein and the Exhale Spa.
Developed by Obadon Hotels, and decorated by Leslie Schlesinger, the Omphoy features 134 guest rooms and suites and is built on a direct beach front property, offering views of both the Atlantic Ocean and the Intracoastal Waterway.
In January 2010, Palm Beach town council ordered the hotel to remove a cabana that it had erected on the beach without the town's permission. It also turned down the hotel's request for permission to add a beach house.
- Janjigian, Robert (August 29, 2009). "Omphoy Ocean Resort in Palm Beach touted as 'feast' of five-star amenities". Palm Beach Daily News. Retrieved 15 January 2010.
- "Resorts to Watch". Ocean Home. August 17, 2009. Retrieved January 5, 2010.
- "Obadon Looks To Make Mark In Boutique Sector. Hotels". Hotels. November 1, 2008. Retrieved 15 January 2010.
- Cloutier, M.M. (August 29, 2009). "Michelle Bernstein opens eponymous restaurant at Omphoy". Palm Beach Daily News. Retrieved 15 January 2010.
- "Try home-cooked, hearty pork chop ‘schnitzel’ Chef Michelle Bernstein shares her secrets to a potential family favorite". Today (msnbc.com). September 16, 2009. Retrieved 15 January 2010.
- "Notables » Isaac Mizrahi comes to tea". Notables.palmbeachpost.com. Retrieved 2010-01-15.
- "Palm Beach Resorts – Omphoy Ocean Resort – Palm Beach Resort Hotel, Florida Lodging". Preferred Hotels and Resorts. Retrieved 2010-01-15.
- Kelly, William (January 13, 2010). "Town Council approves screenings for vacant storefronts". Palm Beach Daily News. Retrieved 15 January 2010.