|Traded as||TYO: 6645
|Founded||May 10, 1933Osaka, Japan|
|Headquarters||Shiokoji Horikawa, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto 600-8530, Japan|
(President and CEO)
|Revenue||¥ 650.461 billion) (FY 2012)|
$ 320 million (FY 2012)(¥ 30.117 billion) (FY 2012)
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references
Omron was established by Kazuma Tateisi (立石一真) in 1933 and incorporated in 1948. The company originated in an area of Kyoto called "Omuro (御室)", from which the name "OMRON" was derived.
Omron's primary business is the manufacture and sale of automation components, equipment and systems, but it is generally known for medical equipment such as digital thermometers, blood pressure monitors and nebulizers. Omron developed the world's first electronic ticket gate, which was named an IEEE Milestone in 2007, and was one of the first manufacturers of automated teller machines (ATM) with magnetic stripe card readers.
Omron Oilfield & Marine is a provider of AC and DC drive systems and custom control systems for oil and gas and related industries.
Business divisions and products
- Industrial automation: sensors, switches, safety components, relays, control components, electric power monitoring equipment, power supplies
- Electronic components: relays, switches, connectors, micro sensing devices, MEMS sensors, image sensing technologies
- Automotive electronics: automotive radio components, driver monitor sensors, electric power steering, integrated control units, switch and control components
- Social systems: access control systems (building entry systems), road management systems, traffic signal controllers, security/surveillance cameras, automated ticket gates, ticket vending machines, fare adjustment machines
- Other businesses
- Power distribution and controls for drilling rigs
- Environmental solutions
As of September 30, 2012:
- State Street Bank & Trust Company
- Japan Trustee Services Bank, Ltd.(trust account)
- The Master Trust Bank of Japan, Ltd. (trust account)
- The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.
- The Bank of Kyoto, Ltd.
- Nippon Life Insurance Company
- Omron Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- The Chase Manhattan Bank, N.A. London Secs Lending Omnibus Account
- RBC IST London-Lending Account
- Motorola 88000 used by the Omron luna88k 4-processor computer
- Arena, a browser which was extended by OMRON
- Yaskawa Electric Corporation
- "Corporate Data". Retrieved April 11, 2014.
- "Integrated Report 2013". Retrieved April 11, 2014.
- "Company Profile". Google Finance. Retrieved April 11, 2014.
- "Omron History: Realization of Unmanned Station System, First in the World". Retrieved April 12, 2014.
- "Milestones:List of IEEE Milestones". IEEE. Retrieved April 12, 2014.
- "Omron Global Website: Development of an automatic cash dispenser (1969)". Retrieved April 12, 2014.
- "Omron in Russia". DMLieferant. Retrieved July 22, 2013.
- "Top 100 Global Innovators 2013". Thomson Reuters. Retrieved April 17, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Omron.|
- Omron Global Website (English)
- Omron Asia Pacific Website (English)
- Omron UK website
- Omron Industrial Automation
- Omron Electronics (U.S.)
- Omron Healthcare (U.S.)
- List of Omron offices around the world
- Omron ADR American stock trading symbol OMRNY
- Omron Healthcare (France)
- Omron Automation (India)
- Omron Oilfield & Marine
|This article about a Japanese corporation– or company–related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|