On a Carousel
|"On a Carousel"|
US Picture Sleeve
|Single by The Hollies|
|B-side||"All the World Is Love"|
|Released||UK: 10 February 1967|
|Recorded||11 & 13 January 1967
Abbey Road Studios
|Label||UK: Parlophone R5562
US: Imperial 66231
|The Hollies singles chronology|
"On a Carousel" is a song written by Allan Clarke, Graham Nash and Tony Hicks. It was released by The Hollies as a single in February 1967, having been recorded the previous month, on the Parlophone label in the UK and Imperial in the US. It was the Hollies first A-side in which Graham Nash sings lead vocals, although only for the first few lines. "On a Carousel" was the Hollies' second-to-last single in the US to be released by Imperial before the band switched to the Epic label. The song was a hit in the UK, peaking at #4 on the single charts and in Canada it made #7 in the RPM Magazine charts. It was also a moderate hit in the United States, peaking at #11 on the Billboard chart.
|Germany (Media Control Charts)||8|
|Netherlands (Single Top 100)||16|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||4|
|US Billboard Hot 100||11|
- Mike Vickers, formerly a member of Manfred Mann, recorded the song for his 1968 debut album, I Wish I Were a Group Again.
- Power pop group Glass Moon covered the song in 1982 on their second studio album Growing in the Dark.
- American rock duo Shaw Blades recorded a version in 2007 for their covers album Influence.
- The 30th Anniversary Collection (CD). The Hollies. EMI Records. 1993. D 202205.
- "Go-Set Australian Charts –26 April 1967". Pop Archives. Retrieved 24 May 2011.
- "Chartverfulgong > Hollies, The > On a Carousel – musicline.de" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – The Hollies – On a Carousel" (in Dutch). Single Top 100.
- "Norwegiancharts.com – The Hollies – On a Carousel". VG-lista.
- "Archive Chart: 1966-11-12" UK Singles Chart.
- "The Hollies Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for The Hollies.