On with the Dance (1920 film)
|On with the Dance|
|Directed by||George Fitzmaurice|
|Produced by||Adolph Zukor|
|Screenplay by||Ouida Bergère|
|Based on||On with the Dance
by Michael Morton
|Narrated by||Adolph Zukor (presenter)|
|Cinematography||Arthur C. Miller
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
|Release dates||February 15, 1920|
|Running time||70 mins.|
On with the Dance is 1920 American silent costume drama directed by George Fitzmaurice, starring Mae Murray and David Powell, and released by Paramount Pictures. The film is a screen adaptation of the 1917 Michael Morton play by the same name.
- Mae Murray as Sonia
- David Powell as Peter Derwynt
- Alma Tell as Lady Tremelyn
- John Miltern as Schuyler Van Vechten
- Robert Schable as Jimmy Sutherland
- Ida Waterman as Countess of Raystone
- Zolya Talma as Fay Desmond
- James A. Furey
- Peter Raymond
The Evening Post wrote that Mae Murray's work with David Powell was a "revelation", and that her dance work in the film was one of its "outstanding features". Toronto Star noted the film as a success and wrote than fans of Mae Murray and David Powell will hail the two stars returning to headline George Fitzmaurice next film The Right to Love. The Milwaukee Journal wrote that the film played Mae Murray's "dainty little figure and delightful dancing" to advantage.
In popular culture
An excerpt of the film is seen in the Paramount promotional film The House That Shadows Built (1931).
- "On With The Dance". Evening Post. August 24, 1920. pp. Volume C, Issue 47, 24 August 1920, Page 3. Retrieved 23 November 2010.
- On With the Dance at SilentEra
- "In The News Net". The New York Times. June 29, 1919. Retrieved 23 November 2010.
- "Princess Theater". The Evening Post. November 15, 1920. Retrieved 23 November 2010.
- "News and Features of the Screen and Drama". Atlanta Constitution. August 29, 1920. pp. 10CD page 1. Retrieved 23 November 2010.
- "Director Warns Against Wildcat Movies". Milwaukee Journal (Google archives). April 11, 1920. Retrieved 23 November 2010.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to On with the Dance (1920 film).|
- On with the Dance at the Internet Movie Database
- Frame of opening title sequence of On With the Dance
|This 1920s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a silent drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|