Once in a Lifetime (Keith Urban song)
|"Once in a Lifetime"|
|Single by Keith Urban|
|from the album Love, Pain & the Whole Crazy Thing|
|Released||22 August 2006|
|Format||CD single, digital download|
|Length||5:54 (album version)
4:11 (radio edit)
|Writer(s)||John Shanks, Keith Urban|
|Producer(s)||Keith Urban, Dann Huff|
|Keith Urban singles chronology|
"Once in a Lifetime" is a song co-written and recorded by Australian country music artist Keith Urban. It was released in August 2006 as the first single from his album Love, Pain & the Whole Crazy Thing. The song was written by Urban and John Shanks.
On the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart dated for the week of 2 September 2006, "Once in a Lifetime" entered at No. 17, setting what was then a new record for the highest-debuting song in the history of the modern country music charts. The previous record was held by Eddie Rabbitt's "Every Which Way But Loose" and Garth Brooks' "Good Ride Cowboy", both of which debuted at #18 (in 1979 and 2005, respectively).
This is a song about a man starting a special relationship with a woman. Urban says in the lyrics that she doesn't need to be afraid to love him, because she knows how much he loves her. He also says it's tough, but he'll never give up because what they share is a "once in a lifetime love."
Australian Track Listing
- Once in a Lifetime 4:17
- Days Go By (live) 3:48
- You'll Think of Me (Jeremy Wheatley Mix) 3:53
- You're My Better Half (life) 4:05
As listed in liner notes.
- Keith Urban – lead and backing vocals, lead guitar, acoustic guitar, ganjo, EBow, piano
- Tom Bukovac – rhythm guitar
- Larry Corbett – cello
- Eric Darken – percussion
- Rami Jaffee – Hammond B-3 organ
- Tim Lauer – synthesizer
- Chris McHugh – drums, drum machine programming
- Jimmie Lee Sloas – bass guitar
- David Stone – upright bass
- Russell Terrell – background vocals
|Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)||92|
|US Billboard Hot 100||31|
|US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)||26|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||6|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||40|
- Keith Urban's 'Once In A Lifetime' Debut @ Top40-Charts.com - 40 Top 20 & Top 40 Music Charts from 25 Countries
- Love, Pain & the whole crazy thing (Media notes). Keith Urban. Capitol Nashville. 2006. 09463-77087-0-5.
- "Australian-charts.com – Keith Urban – Once in a Lifetime". ARIA Top 50 Singles. Retrieved 10 April 2011.
- "Swisscharts.com – Keith Urban – Once in a Lifetime". Swiss Singles Chart. Retrieved 10 April 2011.
- "Keith Urban Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Keith Urban. Retrieved 10 April 2011.
- "Keith Urban Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Adult Contemporary for Keith Urban. Retrieved 10 April 2011.
- "Keith Urban Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Keith Urban. Retrieved 10 April 2011.
- "Best of 2006: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2006. Retrieved July 10, 2012.