OneChanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers
|OneChanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers|
|Genre(s)||Hack and slash|
|Distribution||Wii Optical Disc|
OneChanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers (お姉チャンバラ Revolution OneeChanbara: Reboryūshon ) is the Wii exclusive sequel to Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad. It was released on February 7, 2008 in Japan and on February 10, 2009 in North America by Tamsoft and D3 as the first game in the OneChanbara series to be released for the Nintendo system. The game features elements from campy exploitation horror films, with equal amounts of bloody violence and exposed female flesh all played up to an intentionally ridiculous level. It is the fourth (main) title in the OneeChanbara video game series.
Each character has eight stages.
- Aya: Raised by her now-deceased father and trained by the sword, Aya has done her best to lead a normal life with her half-sister Saki yet been sometimes feeling a little bit insecure about her family's "Baneful Blood" curse, which has a tendency of sending her into berserk frenzies. Her alt-attack mode has her wielding two swords at once, which furthers the potency of her standard sword-fighting techniques.
- Saki: Aya's younger half-sister and descended from the same cursed bloodline, Saki has fully recovered from wounds sustained during the events of OneChanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad but harbours as much worries about the "Baneful Blood" curse as her older sister does. Her alt-attack mode is focused on single-target hand-to-hand attacks with extreme lethality and precision.
- Reiko: One of the nine "Single Digit" clones of Reiko Mizusaki (№1–9; all subsequent mass-production clones were based on the Single Digits instead of the original Reiko), she is capable of the full range of investigative tasks from intelligence gathering to self-defense combat and is telepathically linked to all other Single Digits and the original Reiko; in addition, she is genetically-modified to duplicate what is essentially Humanity's understanding of the Baneful Blood descendants. Her story arc paints both the original Reiko and her clones in a more positive light, stating that despite extreme methods that have put her clones in conflict with Aya and Saki, Reiko's true aim is not only to wipe out the undeads but also to prevent the possibility that Baneful Blood descendants can turn on the living afterward. Reiko №9 possesses an alt-attack mode that grants her the use of firearms and comes equipped with a shotgun and a submachine gun. She is unlocked by completing story mode using Aya.
- Misery: Being revived by power left behind by Himiko (the arch-nemesis of Aya and Saki in OneChanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad), this yet another descendant of the "Baneful Blood" is now only interested in exacting vengeance upon Aya and Saki. Her alt-attack mode has her sword transformed into a whip sword, granting it a far longer reach. She is unlocked by completing story mode using Saki.
|This section requires expansion. (December 2009)|
The game received mixed reviews:
GameSpot gave the game a 3.0/10
GameTrailers gave the game a 4.6/10
IGN gave the game a 6.9/10
The Australian Official Nintendo Magazine gave the game 71%, however justified this by adding "if you keep your expectations low".
- "Onechanbara – Bikini Zombie Slayers (Wii)". Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games. Amazon.com. Retrieved 2009-07-31.
- "The sexy sister duo make it twice as nice for gamers in new OneChanbara videogames for the XBOX 360 and Wii". D3Publisher. 2009-02-10. Retrieved 2009-02-10.
- "Famitsu review score, release dates". Nintendo Everything. 2008-01-30. Retrieved 2009-01-15.