OneHope is a California-based social enterprise that sells wine and other products and services to raise awareness and funding for charitable organizations and social causes. OneHope donates half of its profits to charity and each OneHope wine varietal supports a different charitable cause or organization. The company's charitable donations are made through the OneHope Foundation. The OneHope Foundation has raised over $1 million for various charities.
OneHope co-founder Jake Kloberdanz is the company's chief executive officer. OneHope Winery is in Napa, California. Robert Mondavi, Jr., grandson of Robert Mondavi, has partnered with the winery.
In 2005, Jake Kloberdanz was a district sales manager for E&J Gallo Winery. In August 2006, one of his childhood friends was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins lymphoma. Kloberdanz had observed that products supporting charity sold well in grocery stores, and he began planning what would become OneHope. Kloberdanz and seven of his coworkers left Gallo to start OneHope as a charitable business in 2007. The company was launched with $10,000 and an initial partnership with Sonoma Wine Company and vintner David Eliot to create its wine. The company's first wine, a 2005 merlot, sold 8,000 bottles in its first year.
Mama D's Italian Kitchen, a local restaurant in Newport Beach, California, became OneHope Wine's first commercial account in 2007. Albertsons started carrying OneHope Wine in 2008. Young's Market Company became the company's first distributor in 2009.
Robert Mondavi Jr., owner and president of Folio Fine Wine Partners, became the company's winemaker in 2010. OneHope Wine's partnership with the Mondavi family began when OneHope vice president of sales and co-founder Sarah Gora met Michael Mondavi, father of Robert Jr., at a wine tradeshow. Robert Mondavi Jr. also sources the ingredients used in OneHope Wine.
In 2012, OneHope began selling coffee in partnership with Lamill Coffee. The company released its Darius Rucker signature series wine in 2012. Whole Foods Market began selling OneHope Wines in 2013.
- Kirkpatrick, Evan (11/12/2013). "ONEHOPE: The Social Enterprise With Over $1 Million Raised For Charity". Forbes. Retrieved 2014-04-13. Check date values in:
- "Wine for a cause". CNBC. 2014-02-27. Retrieved 2014-04-13.
- "ONEHOPE Wine Donates 50 Percent Of Its Profits To Charity". Huffington Post. 2011-2-18. Retrieved 2014-04-13. Check date values in:
- "Give & Give Back With OneHope Wine". Ranch & Coast. November 29, 2010. Retrieved March 6, 2013.
- Hixon, Michael (2/6/2013). "‘Hope’ from a Vine: El Segundo-based ONEHOPE Wine gives back to charity". The Beach Reporter. Retrieved 2014-04-13. Check date values in:
- "ONEHOPE Wine Reaches $1 Million Milestone". Beverage World. November 30, 2012. Retrieved March 6, 2013.
- "Cause-Centric Commerce". Leaders Magazine. Retrieved 2014-04-13.
- Hughes, Kim (2013-10-25). "ONEHOPE Wine Produced by Mondavi Gives Half Its Profits Away". Samaritan Magazine. Retrieved 2014-04-10.
- Ryan, Brittany (2013-08-13). "Rob Mondavi, Jr. Creates ONEHOPE Wine: 50 Percent Of Every Bottle Goes To Charity". Ask Miss A. Retrieved 2014-04-13.
- Jason Daley (November 12, 2009). "The Giving Vine". Entrepreneur. Retrieved March 6, 2013.
- "A Brand with a Cause". LEADERS Magazine. Retrieved March 6, 2013.
- Gunning, Kimberly (Winter 2013). "ONEHOPE Wine: Pour a Glass of Positive Impact". AZ Wine Lifestyle. Retrieved 2014-04-15.
- Dale Robertson (March 22, 2011). "Good wine, good cause". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved March 6, 2013.
- Barrett, Jeff (10/9/2012). "ONEHOPE delivers wine with a purpose, supports National Breast Cancer Awareness Month". Washington Times. Retrieved 2014-04-15. Check date values in:
- "O.C. winemaker inks deal with Mondavi Jr.". Orange County Register. 2010-09-15. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- Weiss, Philip (12/7/2012). "Darius Rucker teams with ONEHOPE Wine for charity". WIS TV. Retrieved 2014-04-10. Check date values in:
- "Harvest East End Commemorates 40 years of Long Island Wine". Wine Enthusiast. Retrieved 27 August 2013.
- "12 Companies Transforming Their Industries". Retrieved 27 August 2013.